RAW Image Viewer with 16bit Support

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

KampfHamster

RAW Image Viewer with 16bit Support

Post by KampfHamster »

Hi,

XnView MP still doesnt support 16bit in reading and writting, so I would like to know if there is another free RAW Image Viewer which can open a Penex PEF and save it as 16bit PNG or whatever.

THX
StarCmd

Re: RAW Image Viewer with 16bit Support

Post by StarCmd »

gaaned92

Post by gaaned92 »

Hi Kampfhamster
Be aware that the large majority of viewers only display the embedded jpeg in the raw files. I think XnviewMP do that.
If you really want to process the raw image I suggest to try free raw processor as Darktable or Rawtherapee. They can save the output in different 8bit and 16 bit formats.
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

gaaned92 wrote:Hi Kampfhamster
Be aware that the large majority of viewers only display the embedded jpeg in the raw files. I think XnviewMP do that.
If you really want to process the raw image I suggest to try free raw processor as Darktable or Rawtherapee. They can save the output in different 8bit and 16 bit formats.
XnView MP can be configured to display the embedded jpeg, the half-resolution Raw or the actual Raw data. As you wish.

For 16 bit Raw processing one can attach Photivo, Rawtherapee etc. Warning: slow process, much bigger files. Why do you want it?
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -