XnView MP import and sort: some questions

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: helmut, XnTriq, xnview

Re: XnView MP import and sort: some questions

Postby m.Th. » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:20 am

I've just a dobut about double "rename and convert" in source and destination. Maybe my english is just a bit rusty, and I do not understand exactly what you mean, but I perceive it as redundat.

Almost nobody will check the Rename and/or Convert BOTH in source AND destination.

Depending on the needs, there are users which will check them at source - the ones who need the converted files ASAP - OR there are users which will check them at destination - the ones who need to free the memory card ASAP.
m. Th.

The Ascetic Experience - The best photos and texts from Holy Mountain (Athos)

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 0.84 64bit & XnView 2.00 x64 on Win7 x64 -
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Postby andalo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:46 am

Hi m.Th.,
thank you for explanation.
Actually, more options > more freedom of choice. I did not cosider operations on source, but, under that point of view, someone would need it.
Now i see.

thank you,

:)
andalo

Postby arrgain » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:55 pm

Hello,
Does developer has any plans to implement import from modern smartphones via MTP protocol?
I've just tried to import some stuff from my both androids using portable 0.84 on Win 7 x64. The dialog window allows me to choose any element from them (a root folder or dive deeper into subfolders), but source field path remains blanc, unfortunately.
Please correct me if MTP support was already done and i'm just doing something wrong.
arrgain

Previous

Return to MP - General Support