0.85: HiDPI Screen scaling

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

LimitCrown

0.85: HiDPI Screen scaling

Post by LimitCrown »

I have used previous version of XnView MP previously. I use Windows 7 with the DPI setting set to 150%. In version 0.84, the program used to display my pictures without having any extra scaling being applied; the way that the images were displayed basically showed the exact amount of pixels that the image would have and not be affected by my DPI setting. However, since the last update, the pictures will always be scaled up by XnView MP, so they'l always take more space. If I enable the "Zoom on HiDPI screen" setting, then the pictures will appear be three times as large as they actually are. Although they are being scaled by a whole number when this setting is enable, it mean that my pictures will take too much space and I can no longer view pictures that are 1920x1080 or any similar large size easily anymore. Also, while this setting is enabled, the "Real Size" option in the View dropdown menu doesn't actually make the picture the correct size. All that it does is cause the Zoom setting to be 25%, worsening how the image appears.

Is XnView MP functioning as intended? I much preferred how the images didn't have any scaling applied to them at all.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 0.85: HiDPI Screen scaling

Post by xnview »

LimitCrown wrote:I have used previous version of XnView MP previously. I use Windows 7 with the DPI setting set to 150%. In version 0.84, the program used to display my pictures without having any extra scaling being applied; the way that the images were displayed basically showed the exact amount of pixels that the image would have and not be affected by my DPI setting. However, since the last update, the pictures will always be scaled up by XnView MP, so they'l always take more space.
I can't reproduce on Win 7 with 150%, for example the zoom 100% is the same in 0.84 and 0.85
If I enable the "Zoom on HiDPI screen" setting, then the pictures will appear be three times as large as they actually are. Although they are being scaled by a whole number when this setting is enable, it mean that my pictures will take too much space and I can no longer view pictures that are 1920x1080 or any similar large size easily anymore. Also, while this setting is enabled, the "Real Size" option in the View dropdown menu doesn't actually make the picture the correct size. All that it does is cause the Zoom setting to be 25%, worsening how the image appears.
When using this setting, the DPI of screen is not used so image appears larger (often used on MacOS)
Pierre.