How to Stack scanned pages?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

JanaZ

How to Stack scanned pages?

Post by JanaZ »

Hello Helpful...

I am trying to "stack" pages to read like a book and scanned 29 pages already. Is it possible? and if so, explained step-by-step?

Simple & Slow,
JanaZ
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Re: How to Stack scanned pages?

Post by XnTriq »

Welcome to the forum, JanaZ.

Would you like to create a “multi-page” file?
Example in PDF format: Shock SuspenStories 001 (R).pdf
JanaZ

Post by JanaZ »

Hi and thank you,

I actually wanted it to read like an actual book where you 'click' in a corner and the page turns and not have to scroll up or down. I have no idea if that is possible, but there has to be a way... somewhere... out there.

Simple & Slow
JanaZ
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

JanaZ wrote:I actually wanted it to read like an actual book where you 'click' in a corner and the page turns and not have to scroll up or down. I have no idea if that is possible, but there has to be a way... somewhere... out there.
There are plenty of solutions with page-turn effects for web sites (e.g. Pageflip), but I guess you're looking for a desktop program, am I right?
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

JanaZ wrote:I actually wanted it to read like an actual book where you 'click' in a corner and the page turns and not have to scroll up or down.
Yes, scrolling is a pain, but I think there are easy ways to get what you want:

You wish to see the whole page at once: that is a standard view option in any PDF viewer, and it is quite likely your scans will open that way by default. If you are using an Adobe PDF viewer, you can enable that as default in Edit > Preferences > Page display > Zoom -- Fit Page.

If you can read the text comforably when the whole page is displayed, you can then step through the pages easily using the Page down and Page up keys, or icons on the toolbar, if that would in fact meet your needs. You can also optionally switch to Full screen viewing mode to view just page without clutter: Ctrl + L in Adobe software, F11 in other software.

You wish to turn pages using mouse clicks: Adobe PDF viewer software in full screen viewing mode can be configured to advance a page using a left-click, and to page up using a right-click. The click can be anywhere on the screen, so that's actually better than clicking on a button or other spot.

I'm attaching a simple multi-page file that I've created from some of my book scans which you can experiment with: see if it opens full page in your PDF viewer, and see if you can locate an option in the software to step through the pages using a mouse clicks, probably only in full screen viewing mode.
Multipage_scan.pdf
(472.9 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
The above PDF file was created from book scans using XnView MP, using the Browser function Create > Multi-page file... but I can't give full instructions at the moment.
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

@JanaZ: I've edited my previous post since you viewed it to make it a little clearer...