Does the custom filter work

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

obelisk

Does the custom filter work

Post by obelisk »

In general I'm really not sure whether the custom filter is working or not? For example it was showing xmp files in the folder list. It's not a type in any of the custom filter categories. Also if I put in some raw file extensions and make it not display in the file list, it will still display and display as a thumbnail
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Does the custom filter work

Post by xnview »

yes it works, could you post a screenshot of settings 'filelist'?
Pierre.
obelisk

Post by obelisk »

Definitely doesn't work.

Firstly, when opening MP again, 'custom' filter is selected but NOT ACTIVE. Ie if I click 'custom' filter again, then some files disappear.

No matter what you set in filelist you can never hide raw files.
I sent you screenshot in fb.
obelisk

Post by obelisk »

Actually even as you change things like the filter, it doesn't take into account all the settings. Eg I have jpg typed into the quick filter. If I just change the custom filter, it only sets that and ignores my quick filter. You're only considering the item clicked. Not all the set settings.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

obelisk wrote:Definitely doesn't work.

Firstly, when opening MP again, 'custom' filter is selected but NOT ACTIVE. Ie if I click 'custom' filter again, then some files disappear.

No matter what you set in filelist you can never hide raw files.
I sent you screenshot in fb.
i can't reproduce, 'custom filter' is used as startup
Actually even as you change things like the filter, it doesn't take into account all the settings. Eg I have jpg typed into the quick filter. If I just change the custom filter, it only sets that and ignores my quick filter. You're only considering the item clicked. Not all the set settings.
right, if you enter something, and change the filter, you need to enter again in quick filter
Pierre.
obelisk

Post by obelisk »

If I choose custom filter, it ignores jpg typed into the quick filter. That is a bug.

It's like if I'm driving and use the left indicator, that resets my gear to first.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

obelisk wrote:If I choose custom filter, it ignores jpg typed into the quick filter. That is a bug.

It's like if I'm driving and use the left indicator, that resets my gear to first.
sorry but could you explain me more?
Pierre.