shortcut key Ctrl+shift+0 doesn't work

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Nimrodel

shortcut key Ctrl+shift+0 doesn't work

Post by Nimrodel »

Hello,
sorry, it is a very small thing but I cannot solve it: the shortcut key to remove the color category (Ctrl+shift+0) doesn't work with me... thanks in advance for help!
helmut

Re: shortcut key Ctrl+shift+0 doesn't work

Post by helmut »

Thank you for your support request, Nimrodel.

Did you assign various shortcuts yourself? If you didn't, could you please try and reset your keyboard assignements ("default.key") as described in topic MP: How to reset program configuration?
Nimrodel

Post by Nimrodel »

Hello,
Thank you for your answer!
I didn't modify the shortcuts, except when it already didn't work and I tried to change it. Now I also did delete "default.key" as described. But still, this one shortcut doesn't work..
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

in browser mode?
Pierre.
GeorgD

Post by GeorgD »

xnview wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:32 amin browser mode?
For me, it's in browser and viewer mode - but only on 2 of my 3 machines. It's not only depending on keyboard layout/language, as all machines have the same, but I guess it is something in this direction.
On 1 machine (Win 7), default works fine. On 2nd machine (Win 7), default does not work but I can assign e.g. shortcut Ctrl+Shift+9 to "uncolored" and it works. On 3rd machine (Win 10 laptop), default does not work and neither the other numbers, i.e. when I am in Settings > Interface > Shortcuts and press Ctrl+Shift+9 in "custom" field, Ctrl+Shift+) is shown - on my DE keyboard layout, Shift+9 produces ) so maybe it has to do with how a machine fetches the pressed keys in combination with modifier Shift. BTW, Crtl+0 is no problem on any of my machines, so it seems only to interfere with Shift.

Happy bug hunting ;) and if I can help somehow, just tell me how. Georg
In the XnView Wiki, you can improve the user guide / documentation / F1-help for XnView (classic/Windows) and for XnViewMP
isjustaghost

Post by isjustaghost »

It does the same for me. However, it does it in both browser and view. I found it easier to use the ctrl+alt combo. It allows the use of the number pad.

What I have found. Pressing ctrl+shift recognizes that Shift is pressed. Therefore the buttons switch to the shifted version (on numpad, shift+1 eq. end.)
ctrl+shift+0 (above the keyboard) does not register in settings. Had to select "default" in order to change it back.
GeorgD

Post by GeorgD »

The issue still exists in XnView MP v0.93.1 on Win10 1809 and grew worse: CTRL+SHIFT+9 does also not work any more, neither CTRL+SHIFT+6 neither CTRL+ALT+0. The mapping itself is working in general, e.g. CTRL+9 and CTRL+SHIFT+G work fine => it seems only keys are affected that produce characters when pressed together with the modifier(s), e.g. in DE keyboard, 9 with SHIFT produces ) and with ALT+CTRL produces ] but nothing with CTRL alone, 0 with SHIFT = and with ALT+CTRL }.

I tried to save the shortcuts to .key file, modify this one e.g. change CTRL+SHIFT+) to CTRL+SHIFT+= or CTRL+SHIFT+0 and loaded the .key file again, but this does not serve as workaround.

For me, I worked around the issue by assigning CTRL+SHIFT+U (like "uncolored"). Still, it's odd that XnView MP shortcut settings dialog fetches keystrokes the program cannot fetch identical.

Loosely related to Keyboard shortcuts for rating and labelling - missing
In the XnView Wiki, you can improve the user guide / documentation / F1-help for XnView (classic/Windows) and for XnViewMP
Simon.H

Post by Simon.H »

Hello,
Experiencing this same issue with XnView MP Version 0.94.2 64bits (Dec 20 2019)

Ctrl+Shift+1 (or 2, 3, 4, 5) work fine to set the colour.

But Ctrl+Shift+0 does not set uncoloured. It doesn't work in any of the browser or view modes.

Recent model HP Laptop with Windows 10 64-bit, using the row of numbers above the qwerty.

I kind of wish the default just worked, without having to hack a different key binding.

Thanks
Simon
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Simon.H wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:54 pm Experiencing this same issue with XnView MP Version 0.94.2 64bits (Dec 20 2019)
do you have tried to set 'Ctrl+Shift+0' in Settings>Interface>Shortcuts?
Pierre.
B.Douille

Post by B.Douille »

Using 0 on the keypad works fine to clear rating.

However the 0 on the top keys are not recognised with french keyboards ('Ctrl+Shift+0' in this case), even if set in the Shortcuts setup.
Here below, tentative to use it to clear and move to next picture - ignored by XnView:
Setup Shortcuts - Rating 0
Setup Shortcuts - Rating 0
Daniel, promoting XnView since 2004, moved to MP (exclusively) years ago (Platform Windows and Linux Ubuntu)
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Seems to be a problem with Qt Framework, i ask the team
Pierre.
rotbus19

Post by rotbus19 »

It's CTRL+SHIFT+S that's not working for me on a fresh install. Maybe others but I just installed XnView and haven't tried all the features yet.

CTRL+ALT+S works. So does CTRL+SHIFT+T.

If I try setting a custom shortcut of CTRL+SHIFT+S for Save As it comes back with 'This shortcut is already assigned for [180']' - but command '180'' (cmd_rotate180) does not have a shortcut assigned.

Any thoughts?
B.Douille

Post by B.Douille »

It's CTRL+SHIFT+S that's not working for me on a fresh install
@rotbus19 For me Ctrl-Shift-S works. As expected it opens the window to select another folder, another filename.
Maybe something different than Ctrl-Shift-0, to put on a separate topic if proven to be something else than just an incident
Last edited by B.Douille on Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Daniel, promoting XnView since 2004, moved to MP (exclusively) years ago (Platform Windows and Linux Ubuntu)
B.Douille

Post by B.Douille »

However, Ctrl-Shift-0 on the french keyboard still doesn't work. But... I found something interesting at least as a workaround:
Here is a workflow to (try to) reproduce:
1) Open an image in View mode, either one having a ranking or you just set a ranking
2) Press Ctrl-Shift-0 to remove the ranking (nothing visible happens)
3) Press Ctrl-S
4) Go to next/previous picture: The rating is removed :)

Note: This is not 100% and having tried dozen times there is a point where the above doesn't work anymore (even closing/restarting XnView). Sometime going to another folder, sometime doing a change before pressing Ctrl-S help. I feel there is something linked to the catalogue. When leaving the view mode, the star and XMP attribute isn't updated immediately. Selecting another thumbnail and move back updates both. I've even see an XMP rating=0 and the blue star still (screenshot below). Good luck!
Capture d'écran 2024-02-18 195742.png
rotbus19

Post by rotbus19 »

I've just discovered that CTRL+SHIFT+S is not working in LibreOffice for me - so please ignore my report here as the problem must be with my system.