Possible import into XnView "rating & label" set in Adobe Camera Raw for DNG files?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

cadu

Possible import into XnView "rating & label" set in Adobe Camera Raw for DNG files?

Post by cadu »

Hi,

I'd appreciate help.

I'm trying to use XnViewMP 0.86 for handling DNG files edited in Adobe Camera Raw (ACR).

When I'm in XnView and set "rating & label", then click menu "view>update files from catalog", XnView creates .xmp sidecar files that can be read by ACR. When I open the files in ACR, the "rating & label" set in XnView are there, working as expected.

However, when in ACR and I set "rating & label" to different values, then close ACR, then click in VnView menu "view>update catalog from files", the former .xmp sidecar are deleted and the "rating & label" are reset to unrated/uncolored. Besides the fact there are no updates in "rating & label" set in ACR, I'm losing even the ratings set in XnView.

In other words, XnView is working just in a single way (it writes its "rating & label" that can be read by ACR), but XnView can't read later the "rating & label" set by ACR.

I recorded my screen showing the issue: https://goo.gl/T6OuPx
It follows below my XnView metadata settings, and also ACR settings.

Is it possible to import into XnView "rating & label" set in Adobe Camera Raw for DNG files?

Thanks for help!
Carlos_Cadu

xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Possible import into XnView "rating & label" set in Adobe Camera Raw for DNG files?

Post by xnview »

cadu wrote: However, when in ACR and I set "rating & label" to different values, then close ACR, then click in VnView menu "view>update catalog from files", the former .xmp sidecar are deleted and the "rating & label" are reset to unrated/uncolored. Besides the fact there are no updates in "rating & label" set in ACR, I'm losing even the ratings set in XnView.
your xmp file is deleted??? Could you send a dng+xmp files?
Pierre.