send mail message

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

koala04

send mail message

Post by koala04 »

when i try to send a email with xnviewmp i have a message "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request". when i click ok it open thunderbird correctly and i can send email but i must always ok en error message.

thnerbird is set as default client email program and it work with all other software installed
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: send mail message

Post by xnview »

Thunderbird is set a default email program in windows settings? Which windows?
Pierre.
koala04

Post by koala04 »

windows 7 64bit

thunderbird is set as default and it works in other apps, in xnviewmp evry time i send a email it says "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request" but when i click ok it open thunderbird correctly and sends email.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

oh, it works but with this message??
Pierre.
poilu

Post by poilu »

Same problem here,

Win 7, XNView MP 0.88

Thunderbird is set up as default client everywhere I could find in Windows Config Panel.
However XNView complains about not finding a default client.

Though... it works, thunderbird is started, and pops up a window with the images as attachments.

Thanks!
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

poilu wrote: Though... it works, thunderbird is started, and pops up a window with the images as attachments.
It works only if thunderbird is started?
Pierre.
fretsbr549

Post by fretsbr549 »

Raising this thread back from the dead.

I really like XnViewMP coming from FastStone. But have the same email problem as mentioned and I use Thunderbird. When I click send by email it pops an error "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action" I click Okay and it opens a new
Thunderbird mail message with the image attached just like it should. Thunderbird is set both internally in Thunderbird and within Win10 as the default email client.

Doe anyone know how to stop the error message from occurring? It works fine it is just this error message is superfluous and annoying.Thanks.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

fretsbr549 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:13 pm Doe anyone know how to stop the error message from occurring? It works fine it is just this error message is superfluous and annoying.Thanks.
you have this message each time?
Pierre.