XnView MP and CCleaner

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

bdragon

XnView MP and CCleaner

Post by bdragon »

Went into the CCleaner settings today. To see what was new as i had not changed them in a few sections.

After that XnView MP stopped working. Had to re-install it as even a reboot did not solve the problem.

Went back and checked everything i did.

So: if you use Ccleaner and want to be able to keep using XnView MP... DO NOT check this option:
cleaner > Applications > (Windows) Session Manager.

Removing this single tick also solved several problems i was having since this morning of which i did not know the causes. Including computer-stopping bugs when using chrome at 100% processor use.
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Re: XnView MP and CCleaner

Post by XnTriq »

Thanks for the heads-up, bdragon!

FYI: “Miscellaneous” → “CCleaner (freeware)
bdragon

Post by bdragon »

:wink: You're welcome. It has an asterisk besides it so it's probably one of those experimental cleanings i enabled. I did not think it could do this much damage.

I only noticed what could be the problem because when running XnView MP i noticed that a key along the lines of HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\(*something*) (can't remember the exact line) was trying to be touched but failed, and since i had just recently checked it i made the connection.

As a side note: Leave shellbags alone too if you like customizing your folders' visualizations. But at least that has meaning, since shellbags does exactly that thing in windows. I... did not know about the session manager instead. That should be just for the power customization (which, yes, they did reset to default, those very few things i had changed) and a few other things which i usually never touch, so resetting them to default should not have done that kind of damage. Chrome too is still damaged (still hangs up, but only after closing/starting it, instead of "at each gain/loss of window focus"), but not enough to warrant reinstallation with all the bother of setting up again from scratch all the extensions, If i could just find those session manager keys it had created i would really like to just rebuild them by hand.
Xnout!

Post by Xnout! »

See here
bdragon

Post by bdragon »

see here