Thumbnails and Details View - How do you add details?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

ckbeme

Thumbnails and Details View - How do you add details?

Post by ckbeme »

I'm a fairly new user to XnViewMP, and I'm getting through the learning curve pretty easily. But I do have a couple of questions.

In the main view window, where you can choose Thumbnails, Thumbnails and Filenames, Details, Thumbnails and Details - This last one is where I have a problem. I'm attaching a screenshot to show you. I can't find anywhere to choose the details that are shown. Currently, it's just showing the thumbnail and File Type description. Every program I've ever used has a right click option, or a menu option, where you can choose what you want to see in any type of details view. Can someone help me out here?

One more question..... In the 'default' toolbar that I have, there is a button labeled 'Layout'. I'm attaching that screen also. It has layouts A thru E with option to Save or Restore each of them. Are those preset layouts? I'm hesitant to play with layouts until I know because there are so very many different ways to display all the different items available on the screen.

Thanks for any help.
Attachments
I combined the two screenshots into one pic
I combined the two screenshots into one pic
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Thumbnails and Details View - How do you add details?

Post by xnview »

currently there is no way to choose items in details mode
Pierre.