Supernoob question: How do you "Favorite" an image?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

bersam

Supernoob question: How do you "Favorite" an image?

Post by bersam »

I was used to ACDSee's functionality of right-clicking an image and giving you the option to add it to a favorite folder -- heard XnViewMP had a similar function but I can't find it anywhere.

Sorry for being such a n00b.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Supernoob question: How do you "Favorite" an image?

Post by xnview »

you want to add the favorite folder of the image? Or add the image to your favorites?
Pierre.
bersam

Post by bersam »

add the image to my favorites.

the way it worked in acdsee was that acdsee had a "favorites" or "shortcuts" folder (depending on the version) and it would be located under "%appdata%\ACD Systems\ACDSee\ -- to this folder, all acdsee would do was to copy a .lnk of the image you wanted to "favorite" and save it in that folder

wonder if xnview has something like that -- only thing I've been able to find is how to favorite a whole folder, but that's not good for me, as was looking for a quick way to access all my references across several folders in a single favorite folder.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

there is no such thing, but you can use perhaps the tag system?
Pierre.
bersam

Post by bersam »

Guess I can, I was just hoping I didn't need to -- tagging two thousand or so files among tens of thousands, across two hundred folders is gonna take me forever... oh well.. :|
Dabola

Post by Dabola »

Thanks, bersam!

I have access to ACDSee Pro 8 and among all my photo software this is the first time I've found a way to save links in a spesific folder and later on use this list by other programs. E.g. for slideshow of pictures located in several folders.
Yes I know it is possible to do this by XnView - by tags and filters - but not simple shortcuts (780 bytes) available by XnView, FastStone Viewer and other software. (Yes, I know it's possible to do this by Win Explorer but these shortcuts are 7 times bigger).

ACDSee, Management modus; Mark several pictures and >File >Add to Shortcuts
My folder is C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\ACD Systems\ACDSee\Shortcuts
No problem to make subfolder for spesific slideshow + +.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

bersam wrote:Guess I can, I was just hoping I didn't need to -- tagging two thousand or so files among tens of thousands, across two hundred folders is gonna take me forever... oh well.. :|
you would like to re-use the shortcuts from ACDsee?
Pierre.