Touchscreen support

Bugs which have been reproduced by a second user or the developer, or features to do

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

Slaycer

Touchscreen support

Post by Slaycer »

Greetings,

I was wondering if there is a way to make usage of a touchscreen, because at the moment when you swipe the screen it will not go to the next picture, it draws a "choice field" instead. Are there any future plans for touchscreen support? Or is there an actual way to make it work?
On the forum I found similar questions a few months ago - but actually not with an defined answer, more like suggestions :)

Kind Regards,
Slaycer :D
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Touchscreen support

Post by xnview »

touch screen on windows?
Pierre.
Slaycer

Post by Slaycer »

Yes on a Windows 10 convertible notebook - it's annoying when you try to swipe like common galleries on Android/ios, but it doesn't work this way :o
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Slaycer wrote:Yes on a Windows 10 convertible notebook - it's annoying when you try to swipe like common galleries on Android/ios, but it doesn't work this way :o
right need to be added in 0.88
Pierre.
Slaycer

Post by Slaycer »

Thank you for the answer!
I guess...I'll just wait until then, any information about upcoming release dates?
Slaycer

Post by Slaycer »

I've seen the new update 0.88 went live and appreciate it! But as it looks like the touchscreen support didn't make it in this version - or did I miss something? I don't hope it's getting dropped, it would be nice to use a swipe function in XnView on touchscreens :D

Greetings,
Slaycer
2blackbar

Post by 2blackbar »

There are more and more windows intel tablets and XnView is best viewer , zooming by pinch works but scrolling to next image doesnt workm, can we get that funcionality in XnView please ? :)
Kouhz

Post by Kouhz »

Is there any information about the release of touchscreen support? Version 0.88 was a while ago and I'm wondering myself too, when the feature/bug resolve is going to get released :wink:

-Kouhz-
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Kouhz wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 4:17 pm Is there any information about the release of touchscreen support? Version 0.88 was a while ago and I'm wondering myself too, when the feature/bug resolve is going to get released :wink:
i work on it, but currently i have problem with the QT API
Pierre.
drthinker

Post by drthinker »

Vote up for that. Recently bought Dell XPS 15 foldable with touchscreen. Amazing posibilites ;)
viking

Post by viking »

Any updates on touch screen support?

I got a windows 10 laptop/tablet with touch screen. Zoom (by pinch) and next/previous image by sweep doesn't work (XnView v. 0.92)
NBOOK

Post by NBOOK »

Same here, hope there will be a touch screen support in the future...
joetheindian

Post by joetheindian »

NBOOK wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:34 pm Same here, hope there will be a touch screen support in the future...
please :)
Hacker

Post by Hacker »

I'd love to have touchscreen support as well. Simple swipe left / right for next / previous image.
Perhaps also one option to define what a double-tap does when in Browser, similar to the double-click options under Interface - Switching mode.

Roman
Stirlitz

Post by Stirlitz »

xnview wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:13 pmright need to be added in 0.88
I haven’t found this feature in 0.99. Was it added?

Indeed, it is frustrating not to be able to use your Windows tablet just like your Android one when it comes to browsing pictures... XNView has been my favorite application for years (I don’t even remember, probably for 20 years) and I wish I could use it on my Windows 10 touchscreen device, but so far I can only with the mouse or keyboard attached.