0.82: mp4 playback problems

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

helmut

Re: 0.82: mp4 playback problems

Post by helmut »

Dreamer wrote:With useInternalVideoPlayer=true the example.mp4 file and the other mp4 files (1080p) work good here, browser preview/fullscreen/view modes, MP 0.85 beta 4, Windows 10 64 bit.
Strange. This would mean that QT AV (the internal video player of XnView MP) isn't completely independent from the platform. :shock:
Dreamer wrote:The example.mp4 video is very short, please try the other mp4 files.
Short or not - the example.mp4 should play. It does play in Windows Media Player but not in XnView MP.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Videos have a delay sometimes, after more testing with the example.mp4, sometimes it just blinks, first there's just a black screen and sound, then picture blinks. That's why I asked for testing longer mp4 videos.

Perhaps it's another bug, black screen / late picture when playing videos in browser video.

OK, so I tested few more files, same delay, even worse, 2-5 seconds of black screen, sometimes only, mp4 and mkv files only, avi looks OK. I will be testing more tomorrow.
Dreamer
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

helmut wrote:I've just downloaded the sample file provided by Fritzle and tried in XnView MP 0.85 beta 4:

There's just a black screen (preview or viewer) and no video and no sound in browser/fullscreen/viewer mode. Looks like the internal player cannot handle MP4 files.

:arrow: Reproduced
The mp4 files can be played without problem here, which windows do you use?
Pierre.