Disabled toolbar buttons and menues

Older bugs which are supposed to be fixed in 0.84. *** Please try to reproduce your bug and confirm the bug fix. ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

m.Th.
XnThusiast

Re: Disabled toolbar buttons and menues

Post by m.Th. »

Thanks a lot for your feedback:

In short: When 'Select first file on entering folder' is enabled, the first file is selected without doing the "init/update GUI" phase (enabling/disabling buttons, menus, perhaps rating, color etc.). A similar bug exist(ed) in View mode.

Also, see bellow:
herb wrote:Hello,

please find the answers to your questions. Starting with a GUI as seen in screenshot:

ad 1): I select another *.JPG image: Both toolbar buttons and also the menu item become enabled
It seems that program updates the GUI at selection change. Hence Pierre should fix only the start-up as I stated above.

ad 2): I select e.g. a *.TXT file: Both toolbar buttons remain disabled, the menu item becomes enabled and works fine
I select e.g. a *.ORF file: Both toolbar buttons became enabled (although XnViewMP cannot rotate a *.ORF image) and menu item remained disabled
(Almost) as expected. About ORF - a simple glitch. Most probably it won't work. At most it will "rotate" on screen only (without saving). Do a copy of an ORF file and test it to see.

ad 3): I unchecked 'Select first file on entering folder'.
After I had selected another directory (of course) no image was selected and (of course both toolbar buttons were disabled).
Clicking on a file I had an identical behaviour as describe in answers above

Best regards
Herb
As expected.
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

m.Th. wrote: In short: When 'Select first file on entering folder' is enabled, the first file is selected without doing the "init/update GUI" phase (enabling/disabling buttons, menus, perhaps rating, color etc.). A similar bug exist(ed) in View mode.
I've checked, and when the first file is selected, the menu entries are updated, are you able to reproduce it?
Pierre.
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

xnview wrote:
m.Th. wrote: In short: When 'Select first file on entering folder' is enabled, the first file is selected without doing the "init/update GUI" phase (enabling/disabling buttons, menus, perhaps rating, color etc.). A similar bug exist(ed) in View mode.
I've checked, and when the first file is selected, the menu entries are updated, are you able to reproduce it?
Yes. The movie is coming... :)
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

See Issue 292 for current status and details.
Pierre.
helmut

Post by helmut »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.66 or later. Could you please try and confirm the bug fix, herb?