0.82: Closing settings should not change scroll position

Older bugs which are supposed to be fixed in 0.84. *** Please try to reproduce your bug and confirm the bug fix. ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

Brother Gabriel-Marie

0.82: Closing settings should not change scroll position

Post by Brother Gabriel-Marie »

Here's something strange.

So, I have three monitors, and I use MP on monitor #1 and monitor #2. (I don't know if this makes any difference)

The browser is set to sort by date and is scrolled to the bottom of the list (540 objects the thumnail size is set via the slider at about 1/8 of the measure).

If I open the settings panel and push cancel, the browser changes scroll position as soon as the settings dialogue closes.
It tries to make sure the selected file is on the very bottom row of images in the browser. In other words, it tries to scroll the list to put the selected image on the bottom row.

So try this:
Load a long list into the browser.
Select an image toward the middle of the list.
Scroll to the bottom of the list.
Open the Settings panel, and push cancel. <--you will see the browser window scroll the selected image into view.

Closing the settings dialgue should not change the scroll position.

Also, if you click on the background area where there is no image (with the intention to deselect the current selection), it really doesn't get deselected - it only gets un-highlighted.
helmut

Re: Closing the settings dialgue should not change the scrol

Post by helmut »

Brother Gabriel-Marie wrote:... If I open the settings panel and push cancel, the browser changes scroll position as soon as the settings dialogue closes.
Reproduced in v0.84.
Brother Gabriel-Marie wrote:Also, if you click on the background area where there is no image (with the intention to deselect the current selection), it really doesn't get deselected - it only gets un-highlighted.
Deselecting works for me fine both in browser mode (for deselecting files) and in Viewer (for deselecting the selected area).

:arrow: Reproduced
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Closing the settings dialgue should not change the scrol

Post by xnview »

helmut wrote:
Brother Gabriel-Marie wrote:... If I open the settings panel and push cancel, the browser changes scroll position as soon as the settings dialogue closes.
Reproduced in v0.84.
Seems to be fixed in lastest version
Pierre.