Operations with clipboard fail

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

dma_k

Operations with clipboard fail

Post by dma_k »

Can anybody help me with XnView. I am running into strange problem which I have not experienced before.

On Win XP I have the following strange behaviour:
  • For coloured TIFF images (ZIP compression) when I select all + copy to clipboard (Ctrl-A + Ctrl-C), nothing happens: the clipboard stays empty (Edit → Paste is disabled). However for BMP image everything is fine.
  • When I do Tools → Capture screen, the capturing goes OK, but when xnview is back, the captured screen does not appear on new tab. Again clipboard problem?
  • When I capture the screen with PrintScr button and paste into xnview (Ctrl-Shift-V), the most of image is black with minor white pixels. Weird.
How to cure that?

Tested on XnView 1.98.8, 1.98.3.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Operations with clipboard fail

Post by xnview »

dma_k wrote: [*]For coloured TIFF images (ZIP compression) when I select all + copy to clipboard (Ctrl-A + Ctrl-C), nothing happens: the clipboard stays empty (Edit → Paste is disabled). However for BMP image everything is fine.
Ok, for coloured picture
[*]When I do Tools → Capture screen, the capturing goes OK, but when xnview is back, the captured screen does not appear on new tab. Again clipboard problem?
[*]When I capture the screen with PrintScr button and paste into xnview (Ctrl-Shift-V), the most of image is black with minor white pixels. Weird.[/list]
How to cure that?
I can't reproduce, your screen is in 8bits?
Pierre.
dma_k

Post by dma_k »

xnview wrote:I can't reproduce, your screen is in 8bits?
After reboot I cannot reproduce this as well :) There was some magic happening, all symptoms in one bouquet. Perhaps there is a collision with some other software. I will keep my eye on this and provide some information latter.

Defiantly all settings of my graphics adapter were not changed (24bit screen depth) and another software (namely Greenshot) was able to import the clipboard correctly. Later if I copied the image context back to clipboard, xnview was able to import it. I believe there is some minor bug in clipboard import.
dma_k

Post by dma_k »

I suppose that this odd behaviour is connected with Windows video card driver, as I have also caught this bug.