Incorrect batch resize

Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

oguretz

Incorrect batch resize

Post by oguretz »

When resizing image 16x16 to 37.5% image resize result is 6x6px, but batch resize gives 5x5px with same 37.5%.
gfxgo

Re: Incorrect batch resize

Post by gfxgo »

I got the same problem. It seems, that xnview do not looks past the first two digits when resizing. It seems to does not matter if you enter 75% , 75.8% or 75,8%. Is there a possibility to fix this (using 1.99.5). I read the changelog, since this thread has been mentioned, but it still seems not to function.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

was fixed in 1.99.5, where do you have the problem?
Pierre.
gfxgo

Post by gfxgo »

I tried to create a batch file, using a resize operation on to an image that is 720x720 pixel. I need to use a factor of 75% for the width (works fine), but the width has to be rescaled with 75.56% (I do not know how many digits xnview supports, but in case -> two digits after the (.) would be enough). If applied the needed result has to be 540x544, but the after the batch, the final image is 540x540 (I uncheked the "keep ratio" dialog), so it seems the digits after the (.) are ignored.

I also tested it by opening an image and used "image -> resize" and switched to %. There you can see, that image does not change its size by chaning the digits behind the (.). The Image size does not differ, no matter if I take 80% or 80.7% for example. (I also unchecked the "keep ratio" dialog)

The only way it works, seems by adjusting the "print size" other thant "screen size". Here I got the possibility to use 3 digits behind the (.), but when using the batch option, resize only offers the stanard "screen resize"

xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

ok, fixed in view>resize not in batch resize
Pierre.
gfxgo

Post by gfxgo »

do you see a chance to add these 3 digits past the (.) also in the batch dialog for resize in the future?