2.39: Alt-Tab freezes

Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

alexgieg

2.39: Alt-Tab freezes

Post by alexgieg »

In v2.39, if I do a lot of maintenance in a folder such as deleting dozens of images, and I switch to another program, when I Alt-Tab or click back to XnView, it's frozen. I must force close XnView in Task Manager and reopen it to continue working.

A similar, maybe related problem, is when I have a video file selected, with the Preview opened, and I click in another folder in the navigation pane. XnView freezes and I must force close it in Task Manager again.

The problem is so common when I know I'm going to do a lot of maintenance in the same folder I bookmark it so that when I reopen it I can go back to the same folder and continue working on it. After I'm finished with that folder I remove the bookmark and add another for the new folder I'm going to work with, and so on and so forth.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 2.39: Alt-Tab freezes

Post by xnview »

sorry but i can't reproduce the freeze :(
Pierre.
alexgieg

Post by alexgieg »

Is there something I can do to help isolate the problem? A log I can send maybe?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

alexgieg wrote:Is there something I can do to help isolate the problem? A log I can send maybe?
on which OS? could you make a screen record?
Pierre.
alexgieg

Post by alexgieg »

Windows 10 64-bit.

I'll give a try about making a screen recording as I have never made one. Is there an app, preferably free, you recommend? I have no idea which ones are available, much less which one is appropriate for this...
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

alexgieg wrote:I have no idea which ones are available, much less which one is appropriate for this...