No icon for "Rotate based on EXIF orientation field"

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

PBY

No icon for "Rotate based on EXIF orientation field"

Post by PBY »

Subject: Adding command to toolbar

Hi,

I added the "Rotate as in Exif" command to the toolbar (as it disappear from the context menu). Not change at all!
After restart of MP, the command is in the toolbar. A "Please restart the application" message is missing here, if not possible to update directly the toolbar.
And "Rotate as in Exif" don't have any icon, so it is displayed as plain text. Not the best on a small netbook screen.

Please add a icon for all commands or a default icon or a way for the user to link a command with a new icon.
PBY
JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Re: Adding command to toolbar

Post by JohnFredC »

Yes... MP is in Beta 0.35. Convergence toward XnView 1.9x functionality will occur gradually.

I hope the toolbar modification behavior ("Apply" button is needed), icons, and functions are addressed in a new beta soon.

The ability to assign "custom" icons to the MP toolbar buttons would be welcome, too. That would remove the pressure from the developer to design appropriate icons for every function (arguably the most difficult development task of all).
John
helmut

Re: Adding command to toolbar

Post by helmut »

From what I can see, all problems reported above are solved in v0.84 (probably even earlier).

An icon for "Rotate based on EXIF orientation field" is still not available. Do other people also need this icon?

:arrow: Moved to "Suggestions" because of missing icon.
Sirio

Re: No icon for "Rotate based on EXIF orientation field"

Post by Sirio »

Personally an icon for "Rotate based on EXIF orientation field" is not essential, because its parent ("JPEG lossless transformation") is enough, but testing this suggestion I found a bug:
In the "Browse" mode is available an icon for "JPEG lossless transformation", but in View mode not !
Sirio