Fullscreen navigation: First/last image?

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

helmut

Fullscreen navigation: First/last image?

Post by helmut »

In fullscreen mode, a small panel is displayed with functions: Previous image, Next image, and quick slide show.

Currently, the user cannot see whether he/she reached the first or last image. It would be good if the "<" and ">" buttons would indicate this.
helmut

Re: Fullscreen navigation: Cannot see first/last image

Post by helmut »

Would other users also find this useful?
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

More difficult to implement than a dialog „You reached to first/last image already!” when the user clicks beyond the margins of the set of photos. Besides that a dialog is more explicit to communicate what's happening. The buttons are already dimmed. How more grayed should we do them?

Also, below the Play button a line with „<image no>/<total images>” would be a good thing. The same code exists in the Viewer located in Tabs. (dbl-click on a image and look at the status bar)
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

Also, below the Play button a line with „<image no>/<total images>” would be a good thing. The same code exists in the Viewer located in Tabs. (dbl-click on a image and look at the status bar)
In fact the very same code exists in the tooltip located in the top-left corner. Hence, I don't know how necessary it is...
m. Th.

helmut

Re: Fullscreen navigation: First/last image?

Post by helmut »

m.Th. wrote:More difficult to implement than a dialog „You reached to first/last image already!” when the user clicks beyond the margins of the set of photos. Besides that a dialog is more explicit to communicate what's happening.
I think fullscreen mode should look nice and clean. A message box isn't quite what I consider a nice solution.
m.Th. wrote:The buttons are already dimmed. How more grayed should we do them?
Buttons could be slightly darker. When disabled they could be very dimmed.
m.Th. wrote:Also, below the Play button a line with „<image no>/<total images>” would be a good thing. The same code exists in the Viewer located in Tabs. (dbl-click on a image and look at the status bar)
Good idea to display the "<image no>/<total images>" next to the buttons. This way the user sees all required info next to each other.
m.Th. wrote:In fact the very same code exists in the tooltip located in the top-left corner. Hence, I don't know how necessary it is...
From my point of view the info offers info about the current image. For navigation is the small control in the middle of the screen therefore the <image no> / <total image> makes sense, here. But adding this might spoil the nice and clean interface that I'm asking for.
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

From my point of view the info offers info about the current image. For navigation is the small control in the middle of the screen therefore the <image no> / <total image> makes sense, here. But adding this might spoil the nice and clean interface that I'm asking for.
Here:
Player.jpg
Player.jpg (3.63 KiB) Viewed 383 times
Btw, for WHAT is that empty space there?
m. Th.

helmut

Post by helmut »

m.Th. wrote:... Btw, for WHAT is that empty space there?
Right, I wonder, too.