Force zoom to the top?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

xesurizare

Force zoom to the top?

Post by xesurizare »

I'm trying to use XNViewMP for reading manga. By googling I found those 2 threads have same problem
http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=31575
http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=26826

Reset X/Y is not a solution for me. What I want is view the image fully at first(Fit image to height) and after that I zoom it manually.
Currently everytime I zoom, it zoomed to the center so I need to scroll the image to the top first to read.

Is there any way to keep the zoom to the top when using the 'Fit image to height' option?
Erixx haxx

Re: Force zoom to the top?

Post by Erixx haxx »

Hello;
First,, Are you using "Fullscreen" or Viewer Mode".

In fullscreen, I use this:
Options>> Interface>> mouse
You can set left click (or something) to zoomed selection. This will let you draw a selection box around the area you want zoomed, Then zoom to it.
Then use the Nav panel to move around. Or set right click to move.
xesurizare

Post by xesurizare »

Erixx haxx wrote:Hello;
First,, Are you using "Fullscreen" or Viewer Mode".

In fullscreen, I use this:
Options>> Interface>> mouse
You can set left click (or something) to zoomed selection. This will let you draw a selection box around the area you want zoomed, Then zoom to it.
Then use the Nav panel to move around. Or set right click to move.
Hello, I'm not using fullscreen mode.

The reason I'm using manual zoom is because I can determine which zoom is suitable for the current image resolution.
While your way is working like I meant, I cannot control the zoom level. I also need to constantly switch between mouse and keyboard.. doing selection for 18 pages is quite tiring.

Edit: I just found out Faststone Image Viewer has this 'Zoom at' feature.
helmut

Post by helmut »

xesurizare wrote:... Currently everytime I zoom, it zoomed to the center so I need to scroll the image to the top first to read.
When zooming with the mouse you can move the mouse to the area that you want to zoom in and then use Ctrl + mouse wheel to zoom.

A setting to control the center for zooming when using keyboard might be a good enhancement.
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

helmut wrote:
xesurizare wrote:... Currently everytime I zoom, it zoomed to the center so I need to scroll the image to the top first to read.
When zooming with the mouse you can move the mouse to the area that you want to zoom in and then use Ctrl + mouse wheel to zoom.

A setting to control the center for zooming when using keyboard might be a good enhancement.
Another well-known freeware software has a View > Keep scroll position option that might be relevant to this discussion...
xesurizare

Post by xesurizare »

helmut wrote:

Yes, this is what I want! Can you make it option for keyboard too? Will be better if there's a setting to always zoom it to the top.
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

If works also with mouse wheel alone. At „Zoom to fit” level, he can simply put the mouse where he wants to zoom and rotate the mouse wheel...
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -
xesurizare

Post by xesurizare »

m.Th. wrote:
If works also with mouse wheel alone. At „Zoom to fit” level, he can simply put the mouse where he wants to zoom and rotate the mouse wheel...
I don't understand your.. Put mouse wheel and rotate?
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

xesurizare wrote:
m.Th. wrote:
I don't understand your.. Put mouse wheel and rotate?
:) Nope. Put the mouse (IOW the cursor) where you want to zoom in and rotate the wheel. If you have the „Zoom In/Out” in Tools | Settings | Interface | Mouse then it will zoom but NOT in the center - it will zoom where the cursor is.
m. Th.

xesurizare

Post by xesurizare »

m.Th. wrote:
:) Nope. Put the mouse (IOW the cursor) where you want to zoom in and rotate the wheel. If you have the „Zoom In/Out” in Tools | Settings | Interface | Mouse then it will zoom but NOT in the center - it will zoom where the cursor is.
I use the wheel to browse the images quickly..
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

xesurizare wrote:
m.Th. wrote:
Then keep pressed the CTRL key and rotate the wheel... be sure to put the mouse cursor in an „extreme” position towards the direction in which you want to zoom in (for example few pixels from the top)
m. Th.

xesurizare

Post by xesurizare »

m.Th. wrote:
xesurizare wrote:
m.Th. wrote:
Then keep pressed the CTRL key and rotate the wheel... be sure to put the mouse cursor in an „extreme” position towards the direction in which you want to zoom in (for example few pixels from the top)
I see, thank you for the suggestion but it's not viable for me. I would it like the Faststone Viewer, I just need put the mouse at top and then browse and zoom using keyboard. By doing so I only use one hand to read.
Actually my current viewer is better, if I hold arrow up while zooming, it will automatically zoom to the top.