Mousewheel/swipe only zooms in and out.

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

dbqjoe

Mousewheel/swipe only zooms in and out.

Post by dbqjoe »

Just bought a MacBook Pro 15. I've been using ACDSee on Windows for 10+ years now and its the best image viewer I've ever used. Sadly there doesn't seem to be a Mac version (Ive tried the Pro 3 version or whatever it was called ages ago and it was terrible).

I've got XNViewMP 0.84 setup to look and operate almost as identical to what ACDSee is under Windows. However Im running into a total deal breaker with the scroll wheel/touchpad swipe. No matter what setting I use in preferences, the images will zoom in or out instead of advancing back or forward like I need it to be in fullscreen mode. Same goes for swiping left or right using the touchpad.

Not sure if Im just not configuring something correctly or if this is a bug. I have it set so XNview starts in browser mode and double clicking an image enters fullscreen, double clicking again exits back to Browser mode. Also zoom mode is set to fit width or height of image.
dbqjoe

Re: Mousewheel/swipe only zooms in and out.

Post by dbqjoe »

Now its scrolling up or down on the image. Clearly a bug at this point.
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

The mouse behavior is controlled in Tools | Settings | Interface | Mouse.

Take care which actions are you setting there and with what effect. Perhaps the program needs restarting in order to have the new gestures activated.
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -
dbqjoe

Post by dbqjoe »

Yes I know (actually on MacOS is XNViewMP>Preferences>Interface>mouse) but no matter what I change it insists on zooming. I always using +- on my keyboard when zooming in ACDSee so I wish I could just disable zooming all together.

Heres a shot of what it looks like: http://imgur.com/7IGJNJt

Again both mouse wheel and two finger swipe left or right will zoom the image, or sometimes scroll up down.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

with 2 fingers?
Pierre.
dbqjoe

Post by dbqjoe »

Yes, unless theres another default way of scrolling using the touchpad on a MacBook. Either way no matter what setting is chosen it always zooms image either with mouse wheel or swipe.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

dbqjoe wrote:Yes, unless theres another default way of scrolling using the touchpad on a MacBook. Either way no matter what setting is chosen it always zooms image either with mouse wheel or swipe.
i've tried, and no zoom, but next/previous file
Pierre.
dbqjoe

Post by dbqjoe »

Well it doesn't for me and as the picture clearly shows I have the option set for Previous/Next. I've uninstalled with App Cleaner and re-installed but still the same behavior. I've done all I can and will just not use XNView and move on to something else.
Erixx haxx

Post by Erixx haxx »

dbqjoe wrote:Well it doesn't for me and as the picture clearly shows I have the option set for Previous/Next. I've uninstalled with App Cleaner and re-installed but still the same behavior. I've done all I can and will just not use XNView and move on to something else.
Hello:
Can you try disable left click as selection, restart, then see what happens. Then try setting it back on
Is their anyway select is trying to work first.

Maybe even rename your .ini file so xnview makes a new file with defaults. Try to set only next/prev first, then set the rest after you verify it working.
I've seen weird things happen here also, a time or two on windows, but a new settings file or restart has fixed it for me.

Thanks
TrevorSld

Post by TrevorSld »

Check the system preferences for your touchpad and see if zoom/swipe options are disabled/enabled properly for what you want. Could be a simple fix, just a shot at helping.