XnView buttons and banners?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

ZoNi

XnView buttons and banners?

Post by ZoNi »

Can I find somewhere collection of XnView buttons/banners to place on my web site?
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

Lookie here (no hotlinking please)!
helmut

Post by helmut »

Some logos and screenshots can be found on the download server on

http://download.xnview.com/screenshots/
and
http://download.xnview.com/logos
(Please note that the jelly-like logo is not official).

Until now there's only ckv's XnView banners, sure enough you can use these on your website if you like them. (Thanks, ckv, for providing!)
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

@Helmut:
When I was looking for promotional stuff myself one day I stumbled upon carlosduarte's iconset. As you probably know that ZIP archive also contains the XnView logo in CorelDraw 9 vectorial format.
How about converting it to EPS and adding it to the “press kit”? I'm sure some folks around here will put it to good use.
helmut

Post by helmut »

XnTriq wrote:@Helmut:
When I was looking for promotional stuff myself one day I stumbled upon carlosduarte's iconset. As you probably know that ZIP archive also contains the XnView logo in CorelDraw 9 vectorial format.
How about converting it to EPS and adding it to the “press kit”? I'm sure some folks around here will put it to good use.
Well spotted, XnTriq! The .cdr logo is good and as EPS even better. I've just moved the .cdr to the logo dir on the download server. Could you create a EPS out of it? The press people can make huge posters for fairs and trade shows using those vector graphics, then. ;-)

For those who need text descriptions of XnView, you can find such in various sizes and lengths in the
English Pad file
or in the
German Pad file.

(The Pad files are typically used when making entries in Download portals and are basically XML files.)
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

Danke for taking care of that!
helmut wrote:Could you create a EPS out of it?
Well, what I have is a cheapo OEM version of CorelDraw 11. You can create EPS files with it, but Corel has a bad track record in terms of compatibility of their EPS output.

We'll get professional quality RGB/CMYK & PC/Mac files from someone I know. He runs a print shop, and they work with all the latest Adobe apps.

Are these the official colors of the logo?
orange: R255/G153/B51 (#ff9933)
red: R255/G051/B0 (#ff3300)

Please tell me the e-mail address to send the files to.
helmut

Post by helmut »

XnTriq wrote:Danke for taking care of that!
Das 'Danke' geht an dich. ;-)
XnTriq wrote:...
We'll get professional quality RGB/CMYK & PC/Mac files from someone I know. He runs a print shop, and they work with all the latest Adobe apps.
Sounds good to me. (Actually a bit strange if people even help in advertising XnView, but why not...)
XnTriq wrote:Are these the official colors of the logo?
orange: R255/G153/B51 (#ff9933)
red: R255/G051/B0 (#ff3300)
No idea. In the Bitmap logos the colours
orange: (#ffa701)
red: (#cc1602)
are used. I think that these are the correct ones. But only Pierre can tell.
Please tell me the e-mail address to send the files to.
I'll send you my mail address via personal mail.
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

I just found out that Paint Shop Pro 8.10 can import the vector data of the CDR file. :o
If you want to do this in Photoshop 6/7, you'll need Illustrator or at least CorelDraw (+ Oberon's AIClipBrd VBA makro).

Maybe we could also put a custom shape file (.CSH, ~15KB) of the logo on the download server to make things easier for Photoshop and Photoshop Elements users who want to help out creating XnView buttons & banners.

FYI: There's a great tutorial at webreference.com that explains the benefits of working with vector masks, paths, and shapes in Photoshop (PDF, 3MB).