Fit to width (large only)

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

photoholic

Fit to width (large only)

Post by photoholic »

Is it possible to add above feature in futur versions? It's very convenient for widescreen monitors.

Merci bcp.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Fit to width (large only)

Post by xnview »

photoholic wrote:Is it possible to add above feature in futur versions? It's very convenient for widescreen monitors.
You have already a "fit to width"
Pierre.
photoholic

Post by photoholic »

LARGE ONLY, not expand, only reduce. The present fit to width make all photos the same width.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

photoholic wrote:LARGE ONLY, not expand, only reduce. The present fit to width make all photos the same width.
So a "Fit to width, lage only"?
Pierre.

Post by Guest »

oui monsieur.
scowie

Post by scowie »

I would prefer this option too.

IMO it is the ideal viewing option for full-widescreen viewing as you rarely get black space when images are reduced and you wouldnt get a blurry image from smaller portrait sized pics being blown up to fit the width.

This is what I used for years with ACDSee 5. I have only just switched to using Xnview but I am missing this feature now. I think it would be better if "large only" was a separate tickbox that would then apply to any of the other size options (fit -width,-height,-screen).
weiv

Post by weiv »

@admin

I too would like to have this option as I have a 2560x1600 monitor, and the fit to width just expand all the small pictures which I do not prefer. This issue been raised a few times since 2009 in the search. Are you adding this anytime soon?