IPTC edit in full screen mode

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Tankred

IPTC edit in full screen mode

Post by Tankred »

Hi,

first, congratulations on this great program. I'm deeply impressed after I finally took the time to look into XNView more thoroughly. But, of course, I have a first question on the program's functionality:

When I double click on a thumbnail in the browser, the viewer opens the file in full screen mode (I adjusted this behavior in "options"). Now, I do a right click on the screen and call the IPTC editing dialogue to edit the picture's IPTC data. What can I do to browse through my pictures in full screen mode, using the IPTC dialogue's arrow buttons? So that I am able to alter the IPTC of all pictures in a folder without leaving the viewer's full screen mode or the IPTC dialogue? Is this possible, at all?

Thank you very much,

Tankred
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: IPTC edit in full screen mode

Post by xnview »

Tankred wrote: first, congratulations on this great program. I'm deeply impressed after I finally took the time to look into XNView more thoroughly. But, of course, I have a first question on the program's functionality:
Thanks to you!
dialogue to edit the picture's IPTC data. What can I do to browse through my pictures in full screen mode, using the IPTC dialogue's arrow buttons? So that I am able to alter the IPTC of all pictures in a folder without leaving the viewer's full screen mode or the IPTC dialogue? Is this possible, at all?
IPTC dialog use the selected files
Pierre.
Tankred

Post by Tankred »

Thank your for your quick reply!

So I guess it's not possible to alter the IPTC metadata of a bunch of fotos in full screen mode? Because in full screen mode, only one foto is selected?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Perhaps it's a good idea to use all files if only one file is selected, what do you think?
Pierre.
Tankred

Post by Tankred »

I think: how can I select all files if one is shown in full screen mode?
oops66
XnThusiast

Post by oops66 »

Hello,
Personally, I think if only one file is selected, we should have the ability to use the IPTC arrow buttons "<" & ">" (previous file or next file into the related folder but not recursively), and the "Write all selected" button should be visible but grayed out (under the Browser mode or FullScreen Mode).
...So I guess it's not possible to alter the IPTC metadata of a bunch of fotos in full screen mode? Because in full screen mode, only one foto is selected?
I think than the IPTC button "Write all selected" must be active only in case of multi selection files ( tags or mouse selections) into the Browser Mode, if not it can be pretty dangerous IMO .

:arrow: Tankred
PS: You can already do that if you first tag some files into the browser mode, then goto the fullScreen mode and do IPTC Edit "Crtl+i" ... "tagged files" ...
(An easier setting for the Tag function: View\Tag\Show Tag box)
(By this way, you can also select (tag) all files if you want)
XnViewMP Linux X64 - Debian - X64