I like the minimalism (MP's Toolbar in Viewer)

Bugs and Suggestions in XnView MP or XnConvert MP which have been resolved.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

budz45
XnThusiast

I like the minimalism (MP's Toolbar in Viewer)

Post by budz45 »

Hi,

I like minimalism on the current MP viewer's default toolbar compared to the loads of icons on xnview win toolbar:

Except for the adding of maybe 3 more items, I hope default toolbar doesn't get overloaded again with icons. Users already have the ability to custom add more icons if they wanted to on their own systems, I'm just referring to what's on the default.

Does anyone agree?
All My Topics || my 'MP' Topics
My own Bookmarked topics--->for me only
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Re: I like the minimalism (MP's Toolbar in Viewer)

Post by XnTriq »

IMO, the arrangement of the zoom buttons in MP's toolbar should match that of v1.9:
  • 1.9: [ + ] [ % ] [ - ]
    MP: [ - ] [ % ] [ + ]
JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Post by JohnFredC »

I agree with XnTriq...
John
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

Since Qt doesn't support the implementation of buttons on the browser splitters for expanding/collapsing panels,...
xnview ([url=http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?p=88643#p88643]MP 0.30 Win Disappearing Preview[/url]) wrote:
JohnFredC wrote:
xnview wrote:You ask me for the button-splitter of 1.97, but it's the same with layout, one click. No? Sorry but i don't understand :-)
As currently implemented, switching layouts is not an "one click" activity. Layout menu access is more of a "click-hover-click". IMO most users would prefer the one-click directness of the divider buttons in 1.9x.
And if you are able to add layout item in the toolbar? Now with the docks/panels i can't have a single divider buttons. We must find another solution... Hotkey, button in toolbar?????
... these commands should be available on the (main) toolbar by default.
JohnFredC ([url=http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?p=97038#p97038]XnViewMP beta 0.38.7[/url]) wrote:

From left to write:
  • Hide/Show Tree panel
    Toggle Thumbs panel only (very useful!)
    Hide/Show Preview
    Hide/Show Info
Place these buttons near the middle of the toolbar so that the distance to them is relatively the same from all parts of the screen.

This approach has worked out really great and I find myself preferring it to the buttons in the splitters in XnView 1.9x...

A couple of ergonomic advantages include:
  • 1) The buttons are always in the same places, no matter the splitter positions, so mouse movement for these functions has a chance to be routinized.
    2) The buttons themselves are much larger than the splitter buttons in 1.9x, so are easier to "hit"...
I would prefer if cmd_thumbsView was placed before or after the others, because it can show/hide up to three panes at once.
    cmd_treeShow/cmd_showPreview/cmd_infoShow/cmd_thumbsView/cmd_previewAsTab
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

XnTriq wrote:IMO, the arrangement of the zoom buttons in MP's toolbar should match that of v1.9
Changed in beta 0.39.0 :-)