extract image does not work

Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

haimavni

extract image does not work

Post by haimavni »

I am trying to extract images from an MTS file using XnView rev 1.98.2.
The following problems occur:
1. Regardless of my choice of starting point, it is always the first frame that is extracted.
2. When I select to extract a number of frames, the extracted frames are all the same - the first frame of the file.
3. The video was taken in HD. The extracted image get a wrong aspect ratio of 1440 x 1080 instead of 1920 x 1080.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: extract image does not work

Post by xnview »

Is it possible to send me a sample?
Pierre.
hans-jürgen

Re: extract image does not work

Post by hans-jürgen »

I have the same problem with a FLV file containing a MPEG-4 AVC video track and an AAC audio track. I can watch that video with XnView which uses ffdshow to show it. I can also create a thumbnail gallery from it showing 16 different frames, so there must be a bug somewhere with the option to extract single film frames.

I just checked with a WMV and an MPG file, and it's the same problem, only extracting the first visible frame, no matter where I set the frame slider which shows the correct preview of that frame in the window though. On the other hand an AVI file worked fine, the frame shown in the preview was extracted as a JPG file. And setting the number of extracted frames then also works by automatically extracting the next frames, but in my opinion it should jump from e.g. #0 to #100, #200 or to #1000, #2000 and so on, because it makes more sense to extract some frames that differ from one clip than getting almost identical JPGs.

If you want, I can send you that FLV and/or WMV file, but you can probably take any downloaded YouTube clip to check it. I'm using the latest XnView version on Windows XP SP3, by the way.
ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen
BLUEZZ BASTARDZZ - "That lil' ol' ZZ Top cover band from Hamburg..."
INDIGO ROCKS - "Down home rockin' blues. Tasty as strudel."