Suggestion: "Grab&Drag"-View / "Next Fold

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Theragar

Suggestion: "Grab&Drag"-View / "Next Fold

Post by Theragar »

I downloaded 1.74 today and think it's (despite an issue with DivX-files) awesome, but I'd like to suggest some new options:

1. "Grab&Drag"-View
Right now, when viewing large pictures, you can scroll by using the scrollbars or by using the cursor buttons. In other programs there is a viewmode with a little hand: You can click on the large image, hold the button down and scroll.

2. "Next Folder"-button
My images are arranged like this:

Folder 1: 10 images
Folder 2: 12 images
Folder 3: 8 images

Right now, if I want to view these 20 images, I have to:
-view all images in folder 1 (with my mousewheel)
-click "browser"
-click "folder 2"
-doubleclick on the first image of folder 2
It would be cool if there were a "next folder"-button to simplify this procedure. Or if XnView would jump automatically to the next folder if I've seen all images in the current folder.

3. Scroll wheel navigation in browser view
In viewmode I can cycle through the files with my mouse wheel. It would be cool if this also would be possible in the browsermode. (Right now XnView scrolls the whole window rather than cycling through the images.)
Lostclown

Re: Suggestion: "Grab&Drag"-View / "Next

Post by Lostclown »

Theragar wrote:1. "Grab&Drag"-View
Right now, when viewing large pictures, you can scroll by using the scrollbars or by using the cursor buttons. In other programs there is a viewmode with a little hand: You can click on the large image, hold the button down and scroll.
The right mouse button gives this functionality in XnView.
Lostclown
Clo
XnThusiast

Warm water :)

Post by Clo »

:) Hello !
In other programs there is a viewmode with a little hand: You can click on the large image, hold the button down and scroll.
- This exists in XnView too for ages ! Just click with the RIGHT button, and the pretty small hand appears ! Indeed, the pic must oveflow the screen…
"Next Folder" ? Hum, IMHO, not always wonderful, the next folder can be empty for pics @ other users…
- In my PCs (3 running @ home), there are a ten of pic-folders, among thousands of others…

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Re: Suggestion: "Grab&Drag"-View / "Next

Post by Dreamer »

Lostclown wrote:
Theragar wrote:1. "Grab&Drag"-View
The right mouse button gives this functionality in XnView.
Lostclown
Maybe feature "replace left and right mouse buttons" for select and move would be good solution...