Show Quick Reply Form feature missing

General info, hints, guidelines and rules for all XnView forums. Guests and new users please read here first.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Dreamer
XnThusiast

Show Quick Reply Form feature missing

Post by Dreamer »

I miss a feature - Show Quick Reply Form - in this forum. Is it possible to add it? I saw it on other phpBB forum (but there was also PHP-Nuke...).
Clo
XnThusiast

I support !

Post by Clo »

:) Hello !
- I support your request ! We have this i.e. on the Total Commander Forum, it's very handy for short replies and to begin a post-reply with a quote too…

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
soeren
Site Admin

Feature for phpbb as MOD available?

Post by soeren »

Hello Clo and Dreamer,

can you point me to a MOD for the phpbb software which enhances the forum with this feature?
I'll have a look at it but I cannot make a promise to include it. The problem with phpbb is that upgrading for new versions is a very time consuming process if MODs are installed because most of the work must be done by hand. Time is currently very valueable for me so if the MOD is too complicate to install (and upgrade in the future) I might don't do it.

cheers,
Soeren
Aokromes

Post by Aokromes »

Hi... i have found this

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/540 but it's only upto 2.0.6 verified. Also it needs to change all the language files, or http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/586 but it's only upto 2.0.4 verified, they only need 4 or 5 minutes to add.
helmut

Re: Show Quick Reply Form feature missing

Post by helmut »

Hello Dreamer,
Dreamer wrote:I miss a feature - Show Quick Reply Form - in this forum. Is it possible to add it? I saw it on other phpBB forum (but there was also PHP-Nuke...).
thank you for your suggestion. I'd like to know what the "Show Quick Reply Form" does, but on PHP Nuke I couldn't find it. Could you explain a bit and provide a link?
Clo
XnThusiast

How it looks

Post by Clo »

Hi !
- The Quick-reply form is set at the bottom-left. You can see how it looks HERE
Note : the upper-buttons are not available, one can see them here only because I'm a Moderator on the TC-forum…
- Just click on the nickname of the poster to who one wishes to give a reply,
- This writes "2Nickname"
- Using "Preview" you can open the normal form with that you wrote already, or "Send" to send the message directly...
Regards,
Clo
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Hello Soeren and Helmut,

I think your questions have been already answered, if didn't please let me know, but I don't know much more about it.

Regards,
Dreamer
helmut

Post by helmut »

Dreamer,

thanks to Clo's explanation it's clear what it does. Sounds useful to me, but I think that by default this should be deactivated in the profile (not sure why, just a feeling).

Greetings,

Helmut
Clo
XnThusiast

Global---

Post by Clo »

Hi !
…but I think that by default this should be deactivated in the profile (not sure why, just a feeling).
- You can't. This is a global feature applied to all forums of the board. It's set or not for all, there is not any option in the user-profile form to disable / enable it, at least like it's installed on the TC-Forum…
:mrgreen: Regards,
Claude
Clo
Aokromes

Re: Feature for phpbb as MOD available?

Post by Aokromes »

soeren wrote:Hello Clo and Dreamer,

can you point me to a MOD for the phpbb software which enhances the forum with this feature?
I'll have a look at it but I cannot make a promise to include it. The problem with phpbb is that upgrading for new versions is a very time consuming process if MODs are installed because most of the work must be done by hand. Time is currently very valueable for me so if the MOD is too complicate to install (and upgrade in the future) I might don't do it.

cheers,
Soeren
Also, if the mod is compatible with EasyMod can help to made the changes on a very easy way.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Clo wrote:Hi !
…but I think that by default this should be deactivated in the profile (not sure why, just a feeling).
- You can't. This is a global feature applied to all forums of the board. It's set or not for all, there is not any option in the user-profile form to disable / enable it, at least like it's installed on the TC-Forum…
It is possible, but I don't know how. At this site it's an option "Show Quick Reply Form: (o) Yes ( ) No " - but you can only set it on/off if you are registered and that forum is not in english language (just the settings are).
klumy

Post by klumy »

I support your wish for quick-reply
XNView 1.91.5
Windows XP SP3
soeren
Site Admin

Post by soeren »

klumy wrote:I support your wish for quick-reply
Quite easy: Point me to a mod that can be easily installed with "easymod" (an phpboard extension for painless and fast installation of mods) and the job is almost done... The former mod mentioned is not easymod-compatible.

cheers,
Soeren
klumy

Post by klumy »

XNView 1.91.5
Windows XP SP3
soeren
Site Admin

Post by soeren »

klumy wrote:have you tried this?

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/586
Yes, it's not easymod enabled.