0.85: Deleted file is kept in View mode

Reported bugs that have been closed and/or resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

HanVroon

0.85: Deleted file is kept in View mode

Post by HanVroon »

In version 0.84 and before, when an image in View mode was deleted outside XnViewMP, the program would show the next image in that folder untill all images were deleted. In version 0.85 that only happens after deleting the first file. After deleting the second and all next files, this second file stays visible in View mode, not the third file and so on.

I notice this because I have a database program where I describe all my pictures. During the proces, files are moved from an input folder to a final collection folder each time I save my description for a picture.
I view my picture in View mode from that input folder to see it large while describing.

It can be easily reproduced using Windows Explorer.

To reporoduce:
1- Put some COPIES (they will be deleted) of images in a temp folder.
2- Open XnViewMP 0.85, browse to the temp folder, and open the first file in View mode.
3- Use Windows Explorer to delete that first file.
4- Notice that in XnViewMP View mode the second file in that temp folder is shown.
5- Use Windows Explorer to delete that second file.
6- Notice that in XnViewMP View mode the second file is still shown, not the third file.
7- This second file stays visible in View mode after every next file that is deleted outside XnViewMP.

Checked the beta's: this new behaviour started in 0.85 beta 1.
Within XnViewMP, deleting a file in View mode will always make the next file visible in View mode.

I would love to have it back to the way this worked in version 0.84.
Is that possible without disturbing recent bug fixes or so?
helmut

Re: 0.85: Deleted file is kept in View mode

Post by helmut »

Thank you for this detailed bug report, HanVroon. I could easily reproduce your problem. Your expected behaviour is that XnView navigates to the next existing file as long as there is at least one file in the folder, right?

:arrow: Reproduced
HanVroon

Post by HanVroon »

helmut wrote:Your expected behaviour is that XnView navigates to the next existing file as long as there is at least one file in the folder, right?

:arrow: Reproduced
That's right.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

O.k., thank you, I can also reproduce the problem. Issue 1207 is fixed in next version.
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.87. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.
HanVroon

Post by HanVroon »

Tested in 0.87 beta 1, the problem is fixed.
View mode shows the next file in the directory when the file being viewed is deleted.
Not just the first time, but every time until all files are deleted.

Thank you, Pierre.