0.84: Unexpected renaming of folder on second click

Bugs that are confirmed but cannot be fixed for some reasons.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

helmut

0.84: Unexpected renaming of folder on second click

Post by helmut »

XnView: MP 0.84

When clicking on a folder in the folder tree for a second time, renaming of that folder is started. When working with both folder and file list this results in unwanted rename actions.

Effect: Starting renaming on second click might be a useful feature but on Windows platforms (including Windows 10) this is unexpected behaviour and even causes problems - see below.

To reproduce:
1. Start XnView browser.
2. Select a folder in the folder tree by clicking on it.
3. Select a file in the file list by clicking on it.
4. Select the same folder as before in the folder tree by clicking on it (do not move the mouse after clicking).
Actual behaviour (bug): XnView MP switches to rename mode, i.e. the user could rename the folder. :bug:

Expected behaviour: The folder should be selected. No rename action.
Erixx haxx

Re: 0.84: Unexpected renaming of folder on second click

Post by Erixx haxx »

Hi:

I really don't think this is a bug because:

After selecting folder inside Tree, then selecting File inside browser.
The Folder inside the Tree still keeps its focus because it's a separate panel. Just the panel loses focus.
Rename isn't triggered until a 2nd "Press and Release:, so we are still able to "drag and drop folders". Or at-least I seem to be able to.

Most Win programs I've seen operate this way. Some others will separate the Icon from the Text area and make each a different trigger.
So far I haven't run into this as being a problem, Maybe someone else has. I kind of like the way it is

I guess getting focus back to panel could be an issue.
helmut

Post by helmut »

Erixx haxx, you're absolutely right: "Renaming on second click" is a convenient feature and can be even found in Windows (file dialogs).

What should be fixed is the above bug, i.e. after a focus switch renaming shouldn't start.

Thank you, Erixx haxx, for showing me the right path. :)
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

helmut wrote:Erixx haxx, you're absolutely right: "Renaming on second click" is a convenient feature and can be even found in Windows (file dialogs).

What should be fixed is the above bug, i.e. after a focus switch renaming shouldn't start.

Thank you, Erixx haxx, for showing me the right path. :)
It's a QT bug
Pierre.