MacOS: Add HiDPI format/ Retina support

Reported bugs that have been closed and/or resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

helmut

Re: MacOS: Add HiDPI format/ Retina support

Post by helmut »

xnview wrote:
OmarTheBest wrote:Thanks for the fix, but it still doesn't work in the full-screen view. Otherwise it seems it works well. Also for some reason my Tool Bar keeps turning itself off.
Edit: Ok, so it also doesn't work on a second monitors. When I moved XnView on my HDPi monitor, the quality of the picture got back to LDPi.
Edit2: Ok so it seems the problem occures when the picture reach or surpass 100% of its size. Then it somehow switches to LDPi again. But when its only 99% it is still smooth and HDPi. Might also be the same problem with the full screen since I was testing only pictures, which would go over 100% when shown full screen
yes a known issue
@Pierre: Could you please provide a link and/or number in the bug tracker to see whether the known issue is what is reported by OmarTheBest?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

helmut wrote:
xnview wrote:
OmarTheBest wrote:Thanks for the fix, but it still doesn't work in the full-screen view. Otherwise it seems it works well. Also for some reason my Tool Bar keeps turning itself off.
Edit: Ok, so it also doesn't work on a second monitors. When I moved XnView on my HDPi monitor, the quality of the picture got back to LDPi.
Edit2: Ok so it seems the problem occures when the picture reach or surpass 100% of its size. Then it somehow switches to LDPi again. But when its only 99% it is still smooth and HDPi. Might also be the same problem with the full screen since I was testing only pictures, which would go over 100% when shown full screen
yes a known issue
@Pierre: Could you please provide a link and/or number in the bug tracker to see whether the known issue is what is reported by OmarTheBest?
it's another issue with 2 monitors, but i have no 2 monitors to try
Pierre.
OmarTheBest

Post by OmarTheBest »

The second monitor issue is the same as the issue with %. Sorry for the confusion. It should work fine on second monitor as far as the issue with 100% + and more is solved. My second monitor is bigger so whenever I moved picture there, it would automatically resize it to full-screen and thus go beyond 99%, which is causing the ldpi problem now. When the picture is under 99%, it works fine even on second monitor.