"open containing folder" toolbar item not working

Reported bugs that have been closed and/or resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

ijx77

"open containing folder" toolbar item not working

Post by ijx77 »

"open containing folder" toolbar item not working - if I select an image or folder in the browser view the toolbar item remains 'greyed out' and does nothing. Also does not function from "Folders" directory view. (Win XP 32bit)

(additional unrelated suggestion the "Selected Filenames and Path" tool bar item does not copy the path if focus is on a directory - it would be useful if this worked too. Also the name might be better as the more standard "copy filepath/directory to clipboard" The icon gives the suggestion that it is going to open the directory in cmd.exe / shell etc -this would also be a neat feature)
ijx77

Re: "open containing folder" toolbar item not working

Post by ijx77 »

Comment - the toolbar item "open in file explorer" does what I expected "open containing folder" to do - don't understand "open containing folder"'s function and can't get it to do anything.. ?
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

ijx77 wrote:Comment - the toolbar item "open in file explorer" does what I expected "open containing folder" to do - don't understand "open containing folder"'s function and can't get it to do anything.. ?
"Open containing folder" works ONLY when you're NOT looking at the 'containing folder'. :-)

This happens eg. when you're looking at the result of a search / filter.
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -
ijx77

Post by ijx77 »

m.Th. wrote:
ijx77 wrote:Comment - the toolbar item "open in file explorer" does what I expected "open containing folder" to do - don't understand "open containing folder"'s function and can't get it to do anything.. ?
"Open containing folder" works ONLY when you're NOT looking at the 'containing folder'. :-)

Thanks. Really could do with a manual. Is anyone making one?
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

ijx77 wrote:
m.Th. wrote:

Thanks. Really could do with a manual. Is anyone making one?
Yep. Do you want to tackle the challenge? :)
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -