0.84: "Switching mode" not saved in specified .ini file

Reported bugs that have been closed and/or resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

tboy

0.84: "Switching mode" not saved in specified .ini file

Post by tboy »

xnViewMP-64 on Windows8.1-64 with INI file inside XnView directory, Fusion dark theme
Tools>Settings>Interface>Switching mode changes not saved in INI file, after restart values are always "Browser<>Viewer"

Other check-boxes in menu do not correspond to actual interface state - for example - starting with hidden title-bar (as it have to be in my configuration) but menu>view-hide title bar is not checked.
helmut

Re: "Switching mode" not saved in INI

Post by helmut »

tboy wrote:xnViewMP-64 on Windows8.1-64 with INI file inside XnView directory, Fusion dark theme
Tools>Settings>Interface>Switching mode changes not saved in INI file, after restart values are always "Browser<>Viewer"
Thank you for your problem report, tboy. I've just tried to reproduce this problem but settings are saved for me. Is it possible that XnView has no rights to write the .ini file in the XnView directory? What happens if you start XnView with Admin rights?
tboy wrote:Other check-boxes in menu do not correspond to actual interface state - for example - starting with hidden title-bar (as it have to be in my configuration) but menu>view-hide title bar is not checked.
Confirmed. :bugconfirmed: See topic 0.78 x64: Hide Title Bar and Save Layout Bug.
tboy

Re: 0.84: "Switching mode" not saved in INI

Post by tboy »

Helmut, I made few tests to see when this mistake appear.
I have 2 INI files inside programs directory. xnview.ini and xnview-Black.ini (for FusionBlack theme).
When I start with default INI - settings are saved. When I start with second ini (adding -ini xnview-Black.ini in xnView shortcut) settings are NOT saved.
May you test and confirm ?

See my post here too: http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.p ... 19#p137819
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

tboy wrote:Helmut, I made few tests to see when this mistake appear.
I have 2 INI files inside programs directory. xnview.ini and xnview-Black.ini (for FusionBlack theme).
When I start with default INI - settings are saved. When I start with second ini (adding -ini xnview-Black.ini in xnView shortcut) settings are NOT saved.
May you test and confirm ?
please check in about dialog, if the pathname of xnview.ini is correct?
Pierre.
tboy

Post by tboy »

xnview wrote: please check in about dialog, if the pathname of xnview.ini is correct?
Yes, program runs with correct ini file.
helmut

Post by helmut »

tboy wrote:... When I start with second ini (adding -ini xnview-Black.ini in xnView shortcut) settings are NOT saved. ...
:bugconfirmed: Thank you for this important extra info, tboy. I can confirm, now: When starting with -ini parameter and then making a change in the settings, these changes are not saved in the specified ini file.

To reproduce:
1. Make a copy of your current .ini file in the XnView program directory and name it blubber.ini
2. Create a file shortcut of XnView MP in the XnView program directory. In the properties of the file shortcut add "-ini blubber.ini" and save this properties.
3. Start XnView by double-clicking on the file shortcut.
:arrow: XnView will start using the .ini file "blubber.ini" (correct)
4. Change the settings in Switching mode, e.g. set all to "Do nothing" and confirm your changes.
5. Exit XnView. This should save the settings.
6. Start XnView and check your settings of Switching mode.
:arrow: Settings haven't been saved. :bug:
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 0.84: "Switching mode" not saved in specified .ini file

Post by xnview »

O.k., thank you, I can also reproduce the problem. Issue 1075 is fixed in next version.
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.85 beta 1. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.
helmut

Post by helmut »

Confirmed fixed in 0.85 beta 1.