0.86: Can't undo changes made in Crop board

Reported bugs that have been closed and/or resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

richlux

0.86: Can't undo changes made in Crop board

Post by richlux »

XnView: MP 0.86 - 64 bit

After using the Crop button to enter the Crop board and crop an image. The change cannot be undone. It can only be undone if the crop was made outside of the Crop board.

Effect: Image change cannot be undone

To reproduce:
1. Click Crop menu icon
2. Crop part of an image
3. Click Crop button to crop the image
4. Undo is not available

Actual behaviour (bug): Undo is not available after cropping from the Crop board

Expected behaviour: Undo should be available after cropping from the Crop board

Thanks,
Rich
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 0.86: Can't undo changes made in Crop board

Post by xnview »

right, i can reproduce the problem
Pierre.
miki

Post by miki »

The Undo for crop would be indeed very welcome. If I may have one suggestion, please let it remember the last used crop size-position... so after hitting undo, the user can easily re-edit the crop selection and apply it again without the need to specify the crop selection completely again.

It is implemented this way in Zoner Photo Studio and I find it very handy and use it all the time when rearranging the crop.

Also I would very welcome if the crop selection included golden ratio grid and golden spiral besides the thirds grid. The grids could be toggled by Shift+Tab shortcut. I think the golden ratio grids makes the most sense in editing photos.
Miki Proxima (meshlogic)
HanVroon

Post by HanVroon »

I lately also discovered the lack of Undo after having used the Crop toolbar (still there in version .88)
Luckily I found this topic, avoiding reporting this bug twice.

And also, it would be nice if after pressing Undo, the previous crop selection would still be visible so that you can adjust it a little and crop again.
I had a note for that wish a long time already. This functionality was available in the Classic version too.
More a suggestion than a bug, but as you will be looking in the same part of the code, maybe handy to look at it at the same time... :D
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

See issue for current status and some details. I'll post here once the problem has been fixed.
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.90. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.
miki

Post by miki »

I have tried 0.90 beta 1 and the Undo for Crop works, but you need to specify the crop area again and cannot just fine tune it.

I really think it would be more convenient, if the crop selection remain visible after Undo as @HanVroon and me mentioned earlier.
Miki Proxima (meshlogic)
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

miki wrote:I have tried 0.90 beta 1 and the Undo for Crop works, but you need to specify the crop area again and cannot just fine tune it.

I really think it would be more convenient, if the crop selection remain visible after Undo as @HanVroon and me mentioned earlier.
ok, original bug is fixed, and i've created a new topic to restore selection
Pierre.