0.89 - Batch processed files sent to recycle bin despite contrary choice in options

Reported bugs that have been closed and/or resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

Sabinoo

0.89 - Batch processed files sent to recycle bin despite contrary choice in options

Post by Sabinoo »

Howdy!

A minuscule bug report of no consequence.

Context: I noticed that, in conjunction with voidtool's Everything monitoring changes in the system's files, batch operations cause a slowdown in my PC when files are sent to the recycle bin instead of being deleted for real immediately.

And I found that when batch processing files (at least for resizing) files, Xnview MP ignores the option to delete directly without sending to recycle bin, the source files that are to be replaced with their smaller counterpart still go to the recycle bin.

Detailed info on the program and settings now.

Version:
XnView MP Windows
Version 0.89 64bits (Jan 15 2018)
Libformat version 7.16

OS info:
windows 10 home edition, x64.

Program's settings (which should imply the files don't go to the recycle bin, unless I'm mistaken of course):
https://imgur.com/a/nhMuq

Hope it's not a bother, have a nice day!
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 0.89 - Batch processed files sent to recycle bin despite contrary choice in options

Post by xnview »

:bugconfirmed: Thanks to your detailed description I can reproduce the problem.
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 0.89 - Batch processed files sent to recycle bin despite contrary choice in options

Post by xnview »

See issue for current status and some details.
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.91. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.
Sabinoo

Post by Sabinoo »

Hello,

I can confirm the bug is resolved with the 0.91 beta I tested, batch files are no more sent to the recycle bin.