0.90 - Directory stuck in "locked" (impossible to move or rename) after batch operation

Reported bugs that have been closed and/or resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

Sabinoo

0.90 - Directory stuck in "locked" (impossible to move or rename) after batch operation

Post by Sabinoo »

Hello!

Windows 10 x64, XnView MP Windows, Version 0.90 64bits (Mar 4 2018), Libformat version 7.16 on my computer.

I don't know if this is old or not, I simply noticed it this week.

I discovered that
- once you make a batch operation on a directory (currently, for me, batch resizings of every image in a directory, I do that by being in the parent directory and clicking the directory, and then control-U, etc),
- even after xnviewMP has finished
- and after we click to shut down the batch operations results log window,

-> the program still maintains a system lock on the directory that was processed. Impossible to rename it (not in Xnview itself, not even speaking of other programs), impossible to delete or move it.

The only way to release this system lock is to either close xnviewMP or ask the program to batch process another directory. I once waited ten minutes and a folder was still locked, otherwise.

I used sysinternals process explorer and directories with weird unique names to make sure (you know, control-F, paste weird directory name, count how many programs maintain ties with it, I've used it since windows2K to know which program won't let me rename/delete folders), there's nothing but MP xnview keeping its handles on the locked directories.

Bug experienced multiple times across multiple reboots.

Sorry to bother!
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 0.90 - Directory stuck in "locked" (impossible to move or rename) after batch operation

Post by xnview »

:bugconfirmed: Thanks to your detailed description I can reproduce the problem.
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 0.90 - Directory stuck in "locked" (impossible to move or rename) after batch operation

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.91. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.
Sabinoo

Post by Sabinoo »

Hello,

I just tested and can confirm, focus isn't stolen anymore.

xnview wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:46 am Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Honestly no idea what the "here" means. Here, as in "the present page", or Here, as in "there, that other page", sorry about that.