0.91 beta 1 - arrow keys for next/previous file in fullscreen

Reported bugs that have been closed and/or resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

MikeD

0.91 beta 1 - arrow keys for next/previous file in fullscreen

Post by MikeD »

I have left/right arrows set for previous/next file. If Fullscreen mode is accessed from the Browser, these keys don't work.The standard PgUp/PgDn keys do work. Also, if Fullscreen mode is accessed from the Viewer, the arrow keys work as expected. (Windows 10, 64-bit.)

Effect: Left/right keys don't work in Fullscreen mode when accessed from the Browser.

To reproduce:
1. In Options, make sure that left/right arrows are set for previous/next file (this is the default).
2. In the browser, select a file and press F11 to display the file Fullscreen.
3. Press left or right arrow key.

Actual behaviour (bug): Nothing happens.

Expected behaviour: Display previous or next file.
Last edited by MikeD on Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mike Dallwitz
masterjp

Re: 0.91 beta 1 - arrow keys for next/previous file in fullscreen

Post by masterjp »

I use the default xnviewmp keyboard settings and for me it works fine! I can use the left/right cursor to switch from picture to picture in fullscreen mode. My PC works with Windows 10 64bit, too.

Try to reset the settings to default.
PC: Intel 8700k + Asus Z370-F + 16 GB RAM G.Skill + Asus RTX 3050 OC + Samsung SSD
GFX: XN-View 2.51.5 | XnViewMP 1.6.5 | XnConvert 1.100.1 | Adobe Photoshop Elements 2024 | Elements XXL 11 | Paint.Net
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

I use the default xnviewmp keyboard settings and for me it works fine! I can use the left/right cursor to switch from picture to picture in fullscreen mode. My PC works with Windows 10 64bit, too.

Try to reset the settings to default.
Thanks for your reply.

I moved my configuration files, and copied the 0.91 beta 1 files from the zipfile to a new directory. I ran the .exe file, and in the startup wizard I left all the default settings. The problem remained.

Note that I'm referring the the left/right arrow keys on the keyboard, not the arrows on the default fullscreen overlay (which I don't normally display - I prefer to display only the caption and the date taken). Also, the relevant setting (Settings > Interface > Keyboard > Left/Right Previous/next file), which I referred to in my original posting, is actually the default.

In my original tests, versions 0.90 and 0.91 were both using the same configuration files. The arrows worked as expected in 0.90, but not in 0.91.
Mike Dallwitz
Nighted

Post by Nighted »

Same here. Only when going directly to full screen and it remains broken when switching back to the tabbed view.

However, the keys work fine when switching into full screen from a tabbed view. :shock:
I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

i can reproduce, will be fixed in beta 2
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.91 beta 2. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

Fixed. Thanks.
Mike Dallwitz