[v0.93] Fullscreen view mode - Focus on image lost after edit

Reported bugs that have been closed and/or resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

deus-ex

[v0.93] Fullscreen view mode - Focus on image lost after edit

Post by deus-ex »

When viewing an image in fullscreen view mode and accessing either the Image resize (Shift+S), the Canvas resize (Shift+C) or Filter... (Ctrl+F) dialog, after closing the resize or filter dialog the focus on the current image is lost.

EDIT:
The focus is also lost when attempting to save a file via [Ctrl+Shft+S], but then canceling the dialog by clicking 'Cancel' or pressing ESC.

EDIT2:
The focus in fullscreen view is also lost after opening/closing the Draw tool (Shft+D).

To reproduce:
  1. In XnViewMP, browse to a folder containing multiple (at least 10) image files
  2. Open an image in fullscreen view mode
  3. Access the Image resize (Shift+S) or Canvas resize (Shift+C) or Filter... (Ctrl+F) dialog
  4. Optionally apply a change to the image (resize image, resize canvas, apply filter)
  5. If you applied a change to the image close the dialog by clicking OK or pressing ENTER, otherwise click CANCEL or press ESC
  6. Use Page-Up or Page-Down to browse to the next or previous image
  7. If you applied a change to the image note that the "Save changed file" prompt does not appear! All changes made to the image are lost!
  8. XnViewMP does not load the actual next or previous image, but skips 5 images forward or backwards.
The loss of the image focus currently can only be circumvented by clicking on the image in fullscreen mode, after closing any of the aforementioned image edit dialogs.

Actual behaviour:
Accessing the resize, canvas or filter dialog in fullscreen view mode, the focus on the current image is lost. Changes made to the image in any of these dialogs will be lost without prompt, when trying to advance to the next/previous image. Instead of loading the next/previous image XnViewMP skips 5 images forward/backwards.

Expected behaviour:
Accessing the resize, canvas or filter dialog in fullscreen view mode, the focus on current image in fullscreen view mode is kept/regained after closing these dialogs. The user is prompted to save any changes made to the image when attempting to browse to the next/previous image in fullscreen view mode. XnVieMP loads the actually next/previous image.
Last edited by deus-ex on Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: [v0.93] Fullscreen view mode - Focus on image lost after edit

Post by xnview »

related to this problem
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

are you able to reproduce each time?
Pierre.
deus-ex

Post by deus-ex »

Yes, I am.

I just noticed that the amount of skipped files, when trying to advance to the next or previous image with page-up/page-down, varies depending on the total amount of images in a folder and the index of the currently viewed image. If there are not enough images left to skip forward or backward, XnViewMP does not advance to the next or previous image. The amount of skipped images is either 5, 10 or 15, depending on the total amount of images in a folder and the index of the currently viewed image.

Example:
In a folder with a total of 10 images, viewing the first image, XnViewMP skips ahead 5 images to image 6. But from image 6 XnViewMP does not advance forward anymore, because (6 + 5 = 11 -> outside of image index range). Viewing image 10, trying to advance to the previous image skips back to image 5, then XnViewMP does not advance backwards anymore, because (5 - 5 = 0 -> outside of image index range).

Folder with 95 images, starting with image 1, the skip pattern is: 1 -> 16 -> 31 -> 46 -> 61 -> 76 -> 91
Folder with 100 images, starting with image 1, the skip pattern is: 1 -> 16 -> 31 -> 46 -> 61 -> 76 -> 91 -> 96
Folder with 101 images, starting with image 1, the skip pattern is: 1 -> 16 -> 31 -> 46 -> 61 -> 76 -> 91 -> 101

Using XnVieMP v0.93 64-bit on Windows10 64-bit build 1809

EDIT:
The focus is also lost when attempting to save a file via [Ctrl+Shft+S], but then canceling the dialog by clicking 'Cancel' or pressing ESC.

EDIT2:
The focus in fullscreen view is also lost after opening/closing the Draw tool (Shft+D).
Last edited by deus-ex on Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

deus-ex wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:04 am The amount of skipped images is either 5, 10 or 15, depending on the total amount of images in a folder and the index of the currently viewed image.
I have not this problem, but can confirm that shortcuts don't work anymore, only arrows
Pierre.
deus-ex

Post by deus-ex »

Yes, same here, only arrows do work.

I also just tried running XnVieMP without my customized keyboard shortcut setup which is stored in the file Default.keys, to make sure it is not affecting the issue. Without my custom shortcut settings, the issue behaves exactly the same here as described in my previous post.
deus-ex

Post by deus-ex »

Just worked with the nice draw tool (Shft+D) and noticed, that in fullscreen mode the image focus is also lost after opening/closing the draw tool.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

:bugconfirmed: Thanks to your detailed description I can reproduce the problem.
Pierre.
deus-ex

Post by deus-ex »

I confirm that this issue was successfully fixed with the yet officially unannounced release of v0.93.1.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.93.1. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.
deus-ex

Post by deus-ex »

I confirm that this issue is successfully fixed with the officially release of v0.93.1 from 07/03/2019.