0.98.4: Setting "Select first item on entering folder" not working when opening the folder in *file list*

Reported bugs that have been closed and/or resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

ThomasLandauer

0.98.4: Setting "Select first item on entering folder" not working when opening the folder in *file list*

Post by ThomasLandauer »

XnView: MP 0.98.4 - 64-bit

After enabling the option "Browser > File list > Select first item on entering folder", when I open a folder in the *file list*, the first item is not selected; the cursor stays on ".." (as if *Select first item on entering folder* was disabled), no matter if I use the keyboard (Enter) or mouse (doubleclick) to open the folder.

It only works as expected if I open the folder in the folders pane.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 0.98.4: Setting "Select first item on entering folder" not working when opening the folder in *file list*

Post by xnview »

sorry but i can't reproduce
Pierre.
ThomasLandauer

Re: 0.98.4: Setting "Select first item on entering folder" not working when opening the folder in *file list*

Post by ThomasLandauer »

OK, let's try step-by-step :-)
  1. Enable "Browser > File list > Select first item on entering folder"
  2. In the main file list in the center of the screen (not in the "Folders" pane on the left!) open any folder by double-clicking or pressing Enter
  3. The folder gets opened, but the cursor (in this main file list) stays on "..", and is not moved to the first item.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Strange, now i have the bug....

:bugconfirmed: Thanks to your detailed description I can reproduce the problem.
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.99.0. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.