New & improved shell context menu items (for Xnview MP)

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

budz45
XnThusiast

New & improved shell context menu items (for Xnview MP)

Post by budz45 »

hello lovely forum,

----------------------------------------------------------
I previously started a topic on this forum entitled "Please extend the 'Browse with Xnview' context menu feature" I have just requested that this topic be deleted with the replacement of this topic instead. Please read this topic.
----------------------------------------------------------

OK by the time Xnview MP is final, I think the context menu choices need some revitalizing with more settings.
http://i50.tinypic.com/312gvg1.png

My request is for two context menu items that would show but each to work slightly differently

=I think the current 'browse with xnview' should be better renamed to "XnView Browse" and would carry on doing the same function.
=A new item that could be called "XnView Enqueue All" should exist.

"XnView Enqueue All" would be a new context menu item that is for the viewer only and not the browser. It would have the ability to scan a whole folder (and it's sub-folders if user enabled) and open the files in the viewer within a file list in a single tab.

"XnView Enqueue All" should also have the same ability to work from any explorer/file manager in launching selected images to view in the viewer, within that file list. Just the exact way foobar2000 menu item like this; http://i50.tinypic.com/16099ig.png

a) XnView Enqueue All - During scanning a whole folder, a little window could show a progress bar and names of the files being scanned and picked up (image files); http://i45.tinypic.com/bi7b07.png - What would also be nice is once the scan of a folder is complete then another prompt message window could appear to say how many files were scanned and found (image files)

b) XnView Enqueue All - A File list counter should appear like this; http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=19086 The option to disable file list counter showing should be possible.

I created this, final could look like this
Last edited by budz45 on Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
All My Topics || my 'MP' Topics
My own Bookmarked topics--->for me only
JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Re: New & improved shell context menu items (for Xnview MP)

Post by JohnFredC »

"XnView Enqueue All"

Excellent. Succinct, communicative.
John
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

JohnFredC wrote:"XnView Enqueue All"

Excellent. Succinct, communicative.
Thanks for the kind words.. I really would like Pierre to take this one into close consideration when he starts re-adding Windows specific features to 'MP'

I would like to use "XnView Enqueue All" for multiple files in the explorer and for scanning a whole folder of images and opening them in the 'View' under a file list
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

No bother meant, there seems lot's of space for this request in xnview mp; http://i44.tinypic.com/25jjnsp.png , probably this a feature that would may a final Win build of xnview before it could go into xnview mp

....would a added colon ":" in between look better-
XnView: Enqueue All
XnView: Browse
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

budz45 wrote: Image

"XnView Enqueue All" would be a new context menu item that is for the viewer only and not the browser. It would have the ability to scan a whole folder (and it's sub-folders if user enabled) and open the files in the viewer within a file list in a single tab.

"XnView Enqueue All"
budz45 wrote: =I think the current 'browse with xnview' should be better renamed to "XnView Browse" and would carry on doing the same function.
=A new item that could be called "XnView Enqueue All" should exist.
OK to further add to this request, what about a new tab under Options>Integration called 'System'

...So all 'System' related settings for shell Context Menu's, Start Menu, Send to, Windows usb autoplay etc etc can be laid beneath this new Options>Integration>System :P

Oh yes and 'System' could apply to Mac and Linux builds in their OS related too :P
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

XnView Enqueue All ---> 'XnView Enqueue' - is shorter and better :)
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

Final and latest mock-up: :mrgreen:

btw, the "XnView: Enqueue" would be shown on right-click after mass highlighting of files in explorer/file manager
Eduardo

Post by Eduardo »

budz45 wrote:XnView Enqueue All ---> 'XnView Enqueue' - is shorter and better :)
Can't agree more :) much better :)
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

Old Idea, not good: :P
Here are two more further shell-context menu items that could exist too:
XnView: Rename
XnView: Convert

xnview: rename = opens 'Batch Rename' in a tab in XnView MP
xnview: convert = opens 'Batch Convert' in a tab in XnView MP

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final (good) idea:
4w345itled.png
4w345itled.png (7.43 KiB) Viewed 7587 times
787686766itled.png
787686766itled.png (30.94 KiB) Viewed 7587 times
View = Right clicking on a file (or multiple selected files) in Win Explorer to open in XnViewMP

Browse = Does the same function as it always has; right-click on a folder Win Explorer to open it in the Browser of XnViewMP

....Btw, the 'View' menu feature would maybe always have to make use of "Single view for multi-opened files" even if the setting is not enabled, because to keep multiple opened file from Win Explorer in a same tab (safer behaviour). :)

Related topic: http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=27220
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

budz45 wrote:
View = Right clicking on a file (or multiple selected files) in Win Explorer to open in XnViewMP
budz45 wrote: ....Btw, the 'View' menu feature would maybe always have to make use of "Single view for multi-opened files" even if the setting is not enabled, because to keep multiple opened file from Win Explorer in a same tab (safer behaviour). :)

Related topic: http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=27220
So yes a "View with XnViewMP" Windows shell-context menu is needed...I recently had a situation where I wished it existed when I highlighted multiple image files in Win Explorer (in wanting them to open in a single view tab)
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

+1

...also +1 for Enqueue.
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -