Updating XnView and Shell Extension

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Brans

Updating XnView and Shell Extension

Post by Brans »

I don't see a button or something that lets me know my versions are outdated and a link that takes me to have it update itself. It's been a while since I installed both programs and have never updated them. I couldn't figure out how to check the version for XnView Shell Extension. I see new versions on the Homepage. Should I install versions XnView (v1.99.5) and XnView shell extension (v3.30)?

Here's a screenshot of my version for XnView.

XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Re: Updating XnView and Shell Extension

Post by XnTriq »

New versions of the shell extension are usually released in conjunction with updates of XnView.
  • XnView v1.9:
    • Info » Check for Update....
    • Tools » Options... » System integration » Integration » Check update
http://www.xnview.com/update.txt wrote:

Code: Select all

[XnView]
version=1.99.5
[XnView Deluxe]
version=2.5-1.75
[XnViewMP]
version=0.51
[XnConvert]
version=1.51
Brans

Post by Brans »

Oops, I forgot to mention that I want a 64-bit version of XnView. I don't see one anywhere. I only see the 64-bit version for the Shell Extension. Where can I get an updated version? The version of XnView that I currently have installed is 64-bit which you can see is a Beta version. I got it via a link from Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Brans wrote:Oops, I forgot to mention that I want a 64-bit version of XnView. I don't see one anywhere. I only see the 64-bit version for the Shell Extension. Where can I get an updated version? The version of XnView that I currently have installed is 64-bit which you can see is a Beta version. I got it via a link from Pierre.
If you want XnViewMP, please check HERE
Pierre.
Brans

Post by Brans »

Hi Pierre, I'm having trouble installing both XnView and XnView Shell Extension. I also noticed that XnView does not show anywhere for me to uninstall it. I was able to uninstall the shell extension. I tried the zip file and the other one but still can't install any of them. I even moved the zip folders For XnView and the shell extension to Program Files and extracted them there with no luck. I also shut down my security programs before trying to install.
Brans

Post by Brans »

I deleted all of the previously DL installers and DL them again. I extracted MP in the folder that I use for DL and nothing happened. I then moved the extracted folder to Program files and it worked. I also noticed that this time the shell extension DL has your company logo like the older version did. Earlier it was a zip file. It also now works.

EDIT: Also want to add that I deleted the old XnView folder in Program Files before adding the newly extracted version.