XNView Shell Extension Not Working

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

uzi

Re: XNView Shell Extension Not Working

Post by uzi »

Thank you for answer, i am first time user, so it is little bit confusing with things to do and x32, x64 compatibility.

Regards
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

uzi wrote:Thank you for answer, i am first time user, so it is little bit confusing with things to do and x32, x64 compatibility.
In general x32 software can be run on x64 operating systems, but can only interface with x32 add-ons and plug-ins.

For example, to view PDF files, the x32 Ghostscript version is required even on an x64 operating system.
lulu

Post by lulu »

Still have my problems to open the pdf files?

xnview 32 with all it needs, also gs32.. running a win10-64.. but with gs64 and xnviewmp-64 it was not going too..

where to set the gs links for xnview?

Lukas
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

lulu wrote:Still have my problems to open the pdf files?

xnview 32 with all it needs, also gs32.. running a win10-64.. but with gs64 and xnviewmp-64 it was not going too..

where to set the gs links for xnview?
You ran the gs64-bit installer without any error messages or unusual prompts, and xnviewmp-64 doesn't open PDF files?

When you try to open a PDF, do you see a message about the need to install Ghostscript? [Added to recent versions of XnView MP.]

Running the installer should configure the software correctly, no other action should be required, except to increase the DPI value used if necessary...

Otherwise possibly a Windows 10 issue?? [I'm using Linux on my new laptop... :wink: ]
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

XnView Wiki ([url=http://www.xnview.com/wiki/index.php/Ghostscript]Ghostscript[/url]) wrote:XnView Classic as well as the 32-bit editions of XnView MP, XnConvert, nConvert, and XnShell require Ghostscript 32-bit to be installed (even on 64-bit operating systems), while all 64-bit versions need Ghostscript 64-bit.