Not RUN XnShell preview Image, in XnView MP?

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

AngelP

Not RUN XnShell preview Image, in XnView MP?

Post by AngelP »

Hi, when I uninstall the previous XnView Full, and then install the XnView MP, the Preview of the Images in the XnView Shell is lost, this is because this new version of the XnView MP is not compatible with the XnShell, even if I install everything in 64 bit systems. To return to work I must reinstall the Full Classic XnView, now in version 2.48 :?

XnView MP, still has a lot of work and Bugs to fix, if this is true it is not worth canceling this option for something new. Preferably I get the old version that has fewer failures. :(
Engel P.! :mrgreen:
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Not RUN XnShell preview Image, in XnView MP?

Post by xnview »

AngelP wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:40 am Hi, when I uninstall the previous XnView Full, and then install the XnView MP, the Preview of the Images in the XnView Shell is lost, this is because this new version of the XnView MP is not compatible with the XnShell, even if I install everything in 64 bit systems. To return to work I must reinstall the Full Classic XnView, now in version 2.48 :?
Only the preview? Do you have installed the XnShell package?
XnView MP, still has a lot of work and Bugs to fix, if this is true it is not worth canceling this option for something new. Preferably I get the old version that has fewer failures. :(
why "still has a lot of work"?
Pierre.
AngelP

Post by AngelP »

xnview wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:02 am
AngelP wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:40 am Hi, when I uninstall the previous XnView Full, and then install the XnView MP, the Preview of the Images in the XnView Shell is lost, this is because this new version of the XnView MP is not compatible with the XnShell, even if I install everything in 64 bit systems. To return to work I must reinstall the Full Classic XnView, now in version 2.48 :?
Only the preview? Do you have installed the XnShell package?
why "still has a lot of work"?
Ok, I explain better and forgive my English! :wink:

This Preview window is only present when the XnView NORMAL is installed next to the XnView Shell Extension, but when the XnViewMP is installed, in the XnView Shell Extension this window DISAPPEARS! :?

The XnViewMP had to be uninstalled and only the XnView 2.48 Extended + XnView Shell Extension should be reinstalled!
I imagine that if we install the XnViewMP which is an improved version of the typical XnView, we must uninstall the latter (ie, the XnView 2.48 Extended)?

:arrow: Capture: https://prntscr.com/nhezvs

In your second question, I wanted to say that if this is a BUG, I guess you still need a lot of work to finish this software, considering that it is something very new!

But in summary, I have to tell you that for me, this is great software and it is the best I have used in years after the typical and old "PicaView v2.0" that I used years ago. In my comment I just need to congratulate you and wish you the best in the future with this software. :mrgreen:
Engel P.! :mrgreen:
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

AngelP wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:59 pm :arrow: Capture: https://prntscr.com/nhezvs
Ok, the XnView classic package contains XnShell Extension 32bits, XnView MP doen't have it, you need to install the XnShell Extension package...
Pierre.