Problem to save file

Discussions on XnView for PocketPC

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Tomek

Problem to save file

Post by Tomek »

Hi everyone at the "xnview pocket community"!
I was so glad to come across that fine pocket version of xnview. But after insatlling it on my "HP iPAQ Pocket PC H5500 Family" with Windows Mobile 2003 I only can view imagaes and not edit them. When trying to save the image it displays the error: "problem to save the file". There is enough memory space on the SD-card as well as the device memory itself.
I would be happy if someone showed me a way out.
Thank you for your effort in advance!

best regards

Tomek
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Problem to save file

Post by xnview »

Your picture has how many pixels?
Pierre.
The Foliator

Post by The Foliator »

Tomek wrote:When trying to save the image it displays the error: "problem to save the file".
That was happening to me, too, until I discovered that the JPEG quality on the "Format" tab of the editing dialogue was set to "0" by default. Once you increase that value, or choose a different file format, you should be able to save your file.
Tomek

Post by Tomek »

Hi Pierre!

Many thanks for your superb software! My problem to save the file after editing an image has been solved by Gerry's tip.

regards

Tomek
tbryson92110

Post by tbryson92110 »

The Foliator wrote:
Tomek wrote:When trying to save the image it displays the error: "problem to save the file".
That was happening to me, too, until I discovered that the JPEG quality on the "Format" tab of the editing dialogue was set to "0" by default.
"problem to save the file"
I too am constantly getting this error.. but ONLY on "Adjust", (Bright/Contrast). I have not only checked the "Format" is not set to '0', but have experimented with different settings and it makes no difference. I have tried it with different sized files, different pixel levels, different folders and different contrast settings. I have even tried re-sizing the files. I un-installed & re-installed, too.
And then randomly it will 'save'. I can also go 12 or 15 files with absolutely no problems, then "bang" - "Problem To Save The File" !

What am I doing wrong?
Ted in san diego
PS: No disrespect, I LOVE the program!!! I have been searching for something like this for months! I'm disabled & the touch editing really helps me! Thank you!!
PPS: A 'Refresh' button or menu command would be awesome to re-order & re-group the files after you apply a change, since it creates the new files @ the bottom of the folder. Thank you, again!
tbryson92110

Post by tbryson92110 »

xnview wrote:Your picture has how many pixels?
I am using 1.40 arm version w/Mobile 6.1 on HTC Kaiser, but had the same issue w/ PPC ver. 1.40. & 1.35.
=========
The Foliator wrote:
That was happening to me, too, until I discovered that the JPEG quality on the "Format" tab of the editing dialogue was set to "0" by default.
"problem to save the file"
I too am constantly getting this error.. but ONLY on "Adjust", (Bright/Contrast). I have not only checked the "Format" is not set to '0', but have experimented with different settings and it makes no difference. I have tried it with different sized files, different pixel levels, different folders and different contrast settings. I have even tried re-sizing the files. I un-installed & re-installed, too.
And then randomly it will 'save'. I can also go 12 or 15 files with absolutely no problems, then "bang" - "Problem To Save The File" !

What am I doing wrong?
Ted in san diego
PS: No disrespect, I LOVE the program!!! I have been searching for something like this for months! I'm disabled & the touch editing really helps me! Thank you!!
PPS: A 'Refresh' button or menu command would be awesome to re-order & re-group the files after you apply a change, since it creates the new files @ the bottom of the folder. Thank you, again!
denizenx

Post by denizenx »

Sorry to bring this up again.

Am using the HTC HD2 with 1.51 and I also have the problems saving the file.
Original image is 3megapixels, saving as JPEG 80%.
All the Tools can't save.

Thanks!
roytc

Post by roytc »

Hello. I just got xnview for my HTC Touch Diamond and it has been awesome so far.

I initially had the same "Problem to save file" message and I found that hitting the "Adjust" button on the ADJUST and FOLDER tabs do not work for me no matter what I do. However, when I hit the adjust button from the FORMAT tab (after making the necessary adjustments on all tabs), it is able to save the file. Perhaps it will be the same for some of you guys.

Have a nice day!