Large Files 1.31 problem

Discussions on XnView for PocketPC

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

AJ

Large Files 1.31 problem

Post by AJ »

When I open a large (8megapixel Canon 1d MK II) file off the CF card in XnView Pocket, I can not crop it or save tone changes.

I hit crop and nothing happens. With smaller files it works fine. There is plenty of space in the saving location.

This is on an Axim 50v.

So I am guessing there is a file size limit, what is it?

The other things I noticed is when I save an IPTC "template" it looks like it only saves the caption info and not the rest of the fields.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Large Files 1.31 problem

Post by xnview »

AJ wrote:When I open a large (8megapixel Canon 1d MK II) file off the CF card in XnView Pocket, I can not crop it or save tone changes.

I hit crop and nothing happens. With smaller files it works fine. There is plenty of space in the saving location.

This is on an Axim 50v.

So I am guessing there is a file size limit, what is it?
On main memory, do you have enough space?
The other things I noticed is when I save an IPTC "template" it looks like it only saves the caption info and not the rest of the fields.
I'll check
Pierre.
AJ Mast

1.31 larg files

Post by AJ Mast »

xnview wrote:On main memory, do you have enough space?
I have 2x more space than the file size. I also noticed it gives very small thumbnails, say in the crop screen for these files.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 1.31 larg files

Post by xnview »

AJ Mast wrote:On main memory, do you have enough space?

I have 2x more space then the file size. I slo noticed it gives very small thumbnails, say in the crop screen for these files.
very small thumbnails?? How many memory do you have? Which size in pixels of your picture?
Pierre.
AJ Mast

Post by AJ Mast »

The pictures are 3504 x 2336 pixels. (5.76mb)

The Unit has 128mb ROM and 64mb of RAM.
helmut

Post by helmut »

AJ Mast wrote:The pictures are 3504 x 2336 pixels. (5.76mb)

The Unit has 128mb ROM and 64mb of RAM.
For viewing an image file, it is read into memory and uncompressed. In your case your 5.76 MB image file will uncompress to:

3504 x 2336 Pixel x 3 Byte (RGB colour) = 24.556.032 Bytes (~24 MB). So this should fit into your 64 MB RAM.

Do you have other applications running? What's your free memory size (before starting XnView Pocket)?