PPC > WM 6.1 > I can't get my "Home" directory path to take

Discussions on XnView for PocketPC

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

quicksite

PPC > WM 6.1 > I can't get my "Home" directory path to take

Post by quicksite »

I've tried many times, over multiple installs, with newly flashed roms, to set my home directory for where Xnview should first look for my pictures. Nothing "sticks". I click thru the directory tree, and arrive at the folder I want, click "NEXT", and the "Next" button flashes (to indicate it's been tapped), but no next action is ever taken, and the Home directory always stays the default.

What am I doing wrong? thank you
trids

Re: PPC > WM 6.1 > I can't get my "Home" directory path to take

Post by trids »

Does the path have any special characters in it? For example, I have found that a hash (#) causes problems in the PPC environment .. can't remember which app i noticed this in though.
quicksite

Post by quicksite »

thank you... no it does not contain any special characters... ANd for every other PPC application where I can set a default folder -- in Resco Photo Viewer (which is going to eclipse XnView very rapidly if they don't innovate further here, and make the app finger navigable), OK, in iFonz app launcher - OK. In Androkkid app launcher: OK. In S2U2: OK. In Nitrogen: OK.

Just this app.

but thanks for your reply. As you can see, i posted close to a month ago and yours is my first reply. I'm guessing these must be new forums, right? I just wonder why no staffer replied here given how scant the traffic is here on these boards. Not as though they'd be overflowing in extra work.
trids

Post by trids »

Suggestion_1 = try and set another folder, most basic as possible (not even spaces in the path name for example) .. just to see if you CAN set it SOMEWHERE. You might want to make it the simplest representative test: somewhere on your device (not the storage card); and a folder within a folder (assuming that your desired folder resides in another folder).

Suggestion_2 = If you're comfortable ferretting around in the registry, it seems that the Home folder is stored here:

Code: Select all

HKCU\Software\XnView Pocket\General\  .. under a string value called "Home"
.. if you have something like Total Commander, you can try and edit it there directly -- after first shutting down XnView of course!

As for the support from XnView .. it does look like their main focus is on the Windows and other desktop versions, but remember that at least the Pocket version is free compared with Resco Photo Viewer :wink:
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

trids wrote: As for the support from XnView .. it does look like their main focus is on the Windows and other desktop versions, but remember that at least the Pocket version is free compared with Resco Photo Viewer :wink:
Yes Resco is not free. And currently i'm very busy with other projects...
Pierre.