Bugs in former version still bugs?

Discussions on XnView for PocketPC

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Sky-Flyer

Bugs in former version still bugs?

Post by Sky-Flyer »

Hi,

I have downloaded a version of xnview pocket some time ago and it couldn't handle great picures (5 meg-pixels at 1 to 2 MiB) from my camera - at slideshows they were not inserted with no error message and conversion to smaller size didn't work either with no error message.

I have a question - are those bugs still in there or is the newest version capable of handling big images?

Yours
Sky-Flyer
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Bugs in former version still bugs?

Post by xnview »

Sky-Flyer wrote:Hi,

I have downloaded a version of xnview pocket some time ago and it couldn't handle great picures (5 meg-pixels at 1 to 2 MiB) from my camera - at slideshows they were not inserted with no error message and conversion to smaller size didn't work either with no error message.

I have a question - are those bugs still in there or is the newest version capable of handling big images?
If you have enough free memory, you can view it...
Pierre.
Sky-Flyer

enough memory

Post by Sky-Flyer »

Hi,

I have 64 MiB total memory and about the half of it free I think. I've tried converting picures also with another (not free) programme and it worked fine - no problems with memory! So it should also work with xnview!

SkyFlyer
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: enough memory

Post by xnview »

Sky-Flyer wrote:I have 64 MiB total memory and about the half of it free I think. I've tried converting picures also with another (not free) programme and it worked fine - no problems with memory! So it should also work with xnview!
Which size in pixels have your pictures??
Pierre.
Sky-Flyer

picture size

Post by Sky-Flyer »

Hi,

my pictures are 2560x1920x24 in size (says xnview for pc). I have successfully resized such pictures with resco picture viewer (wich is not a free programme).

Thanks for your quick response (you cannot take this for sure).
Sky-Flyer
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: picture size

Post by xnview »

Sky-Flyer wrote:my pictures are 2560x1920x24 in size (says xnview for pc). I have successfully resized such pictures with resco picture viewer (wich is not a free programme).
To load this picture you must have 15Mo, which final size do you want?
Pierre.
michuj

Post by michuj »

I had the same problem but now I know what is the issue. I managed to resize 3072x2048 to 640x480. Thanks for that.

For the next version, would be great if it would be possible to set up what rotation (-90 or 90) you want for the slide show.

But thanx anyway, good job!