Convert-Tools for Linux version

Questions, suggestions, and answers for XnView on all Un*x platforms (Linux, HP-UX, AIX, ...)

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Uwe Koch

Convert-Tools for Linux version

Post by Uwe Koch »

Hello,

the Windows version has an option to insert text into pictures. I use often this to insert something like Copyright or timestamp into the pictures. But normally I use the Linux version on my private laptop (I have no windows pc at home). So where is this feature in the linux version ?
I didn't find it at "Tools / Convert / Advanced Operations".
In the Windows version it is located between Rotate (Drehen) and Negative(Negativ) as "Text hinzufügen" (Insert text).

Best regards
U w e
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Convert-Tools for Linux version

Post by xnview »

Uwe Koch wrote:the Windows version has an option to insert text into pictures. I use often this to insert something like Copyright or timestamp into the pictures. But normally I use the Linux version on my private laptop (I have no windows pc at home). So where is this feature in the linux version ?
I didn't find it at "Tools / Convert / Advanced Operations".
In the Windows version it is located between Rotate (Drehen) and Negative(Negativ) as "Text hinzufügen" (Insert text).
I'll add it.
Pierre.
MaxK

Post by MaxK »

TEN YEARS down the line Pierre and STILL NO OPTION TO ADD TEXT to an image in the Linux/Ubuntu version :(

I have to revert to IrfanView to do that. In fact, if not for the fact that I've dumped Windows I'd still be useing Irfanview as my default viewer.

Come on Pierre. PLEASE!

Thanks
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

MaxK wrote:TEN YEARS down the line Pierre and STILL NO OPTION TO ADD TEXT to an image in the Linux/Ubuntu version :(
?? You can add text in XnViewMP
Pierre.