What was XnView DeLuxe?

Frequently Asked Questions regarding XnView (including Answers)

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

helmut

What was XnView DeLuxe?

Post by helmut »

XnView is freeware for private usage. For commercial usage, licences have to be purchased.

There is another product available, named XnView DeLuxe. XnView is free for private usage, XnView DeLuxe is not. It has more functionality than XnView and is also developed by Pierre for the company Xzeos Sofware.

Some of the extra functionality of XnView DeLuxe:

* Album management, category management
* Export wizard, retouche wizard, email wizard
* Show HTML, PDF
* Show SVG, Flash if plugin is installed
* Convert image into PDF
* Project management
* Transitions and audio in slideshow
* Slideshow export in EXE, video, CD, VCD & SVCD
* Better player (mp3, ogg vorbis, ...)
* Show content of ZIP, RAR, CAB & ACE
* Archive create
* Send by email, FTP
* Enhanced web pages with templates
* Advanced search
* Preview in context menu

More details and a 30 day evaluation version can be found on the web pages for XnView DeLuxe in English or in French.

Note: Part of this info is taken from post 'Another XnView?!?!'
ckit
XnThusiast

Post by ckit »

I think we can delete this post or at least modify it so that others know that XnView Deluxe has been discontinued.
AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 3.8Ghz, 16Gb DDR4, RX6600XT with Dell U2520D at 2560x1440@60Hz
Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2, PowerToys and Wintoys
ckit
XnThusiast

Post by ckit »

Pierre, XnView Deluxe needs to be removed from the Info menu in XnView.
AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 3.8Ghz, 16Gb DDR4, RX6600XT with Dell U2520D at 2560x1440@60Hz
Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2, PowerToys and Wintoys
helmut

Post by helmut »

ckit wrote:Pierre, XnView Deluxe needs to be removed from the Info menu in XnView.
I think removing is not needed, but people should be informed what the situation is. People using XnView DeLuxe might even wonder how to get support. Would be good if such questions would be answered, here.
wolfgang_xnview

XnView Deluxe2 german: a marketing trick

Post by wolfgang_xnview »

I bought the german XnView Deluxe2 as I read it would have more features and would help to finance the developement of XnView.

But I think all people should also be warned. XnView Deluxe2 is a very, very old version (2004), has a few more options as the XnView but also a lot of unsolved bugs. There is no warning on german pages about this.

I thought XnView Deluxe2 should be a higher release as XnView 1.82 but it's only a marketing trick. :evil:

But never the less - you made all a very great job with XnView, great software. Just forget DeLuxe version !
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: XnView Deluxe2 german: a marketing trick

Post by xnview »

wolfgang_xnview wrote:I bought the german XnView Deluxe2 as I read it would have more features and would help to finance the developement of XnView.

But I think all people should also be warned. XnView Deluxe2 is a very, very old version (2004), has a few more options as the XnView but also a lot of unsolved bugs. There is no warning on german pages about this.

I thought XnView Deluxe2 should be a higher release as XnView 1.82 but it's only a marketing trick. :evil:

But never the less - you made all a very great job with XnView, great software. Just forget DeLuxe version !
XnView Deluxe is no more supported, so please don't purchase it!!!
Pierre.
Drahken

Post by Drahken »

IMO It's highly immoral for xzeos to continue to sell xnview deluxe, knowing that it's no longer being supported nor updated. They should either make it free, or stop making it available at all. At the least, they need to remove the webpages that allow one to purchase xnview deluxe, and merely keep the trial download available.
Oh the feuhrer, oh the feuhrer, oh the feuhrer's nipples bonk!
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Drahken wrote:IMO It's highly immoral for xzeos to continue to sell xnview deluxe, knowing that it's no longer being supported nor updated. They should either make it free, or stop making it available at all. At the least, they need to remove the webpages that allow one to purchase xnview deluxe, and merely keep the trial download available.
I have many problems with xzeos :-(
Pierre.
zarandok

Printing in xnview deluxe

Post by zarandok »

Does xnview deluxe have support for editing/creating print page layouts? This is the one of the very few things I'm missing at the free version (and makes me using Vallen JPegger for printing)?